Sub-forum for requesting custom parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
People always seem to be looking for custom parts, mounting accessories, etc.

And there are a number of design experts on the forum that do 3D printing, aluminum fabrication, and carbon fiber work.

What do y’all think about a dedicated space to connect the requests with the designers? Similar to the classified sub-forum with “WTB” and “Found” tags.

Apologies if something like this already exists.

@WoodiE

+1
A good idea. I see that 3D printers and custom parts are mainstream nowadays.
Would be a great idea to have a Section for collaboration.
Informal so it is not dealing with vendors.
Vendors have a distinct status here on AF. A bit more formal.

I personally think if it's on the hobby side of it and not a vendor thing,
The name should speak for it's self and hit legend status on it's own.

I hope you don't mind @Tex Koder for using you as an example.

When most people think of a unique custom printed part specific for their rig, @Tex Koder pops in mind (unless you live under a rock OR are new to the forum).
Either way if you need a part like that it wont take long before someone points you in the direction of Mr. @Tex Koder or the like.
The wing mounts have a legend already that needs no intro which proves my point.

If/when someone decides to become a vendor, their name will already be on the board.

Again just my take.:)

+2

There are plenty of places that will custom print or cut your design, but it get pricey quick if you aren't planning to monetize it. Like I had a simple servo mount that was a flat plate just cut and drilled. It's like $3 on Send Cut Send, but it a $30 min. So I hacked it out myself.

It works OK but the mounting spot is a bit flexy so I need a rev 2. That would be another $30. . . the cycle continues.

So ya, if someone has a mill and could crank one out (doesn't have to be perfect) for time and materials, that would be awesome.

I thought about buying one but it's more space in my overcrowded garage. For what I needed, I just hacked it out of aluminum stock.
A local college was selling two small machines that hadn't been used in years. A milling machine, and a lathe. $300 for both (Both cost BNIB $800).

I thought there was a subsection for requesting prints already 🤔
Right, I am saying metal, composites etc for the custom parts that are not 3d printed, but also not from a vendor.

+1
A good idea. I see that 3D printers and custom parts are mainstream nowadays.
Would be a great idea to have a Section for collaboration.
Informal so it is not dealing with vendors.
Vendors have a distinct status here on AF. A bit more formal.
Agree totally, but not just limited to 3D printing. Metal fab, kydex, moldings, etc. That would be a great resource for anyone needing something they can’t fab themselves. I say do it, man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back