Kraton Substitute for orange o-rings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take your stock o ring and head to your local hardware store in the plumbing section you can find black o rings that will work. This is what I did after rebuilding my diff I tore the o ring swapped it out and no leaks.

Never thought of this. Are the ones at the hardware store a different kind of rubber or material?

The stock Arrma gaskets appear to be Silicone.
Most orings that you'll find at a hardware store are Nitrile (also known as Buna-n), or Viton.
All of the above will work as suitable replacements but Viton is noticeably more expensive and mainly reserved for higher temperatures applications (above what your diff will see), along with superior chemical resistance to fuels and acids both in liquid and vapor form.

The stock Arrma gaskets appear to be Silicone.
Most orings that you'll find at a hardware store are Nitrile (also known as Buna-n), or Viton.
All of the above will work as suitable replacements but Viton is noticeably more expensive and mainly reserved for higher temperatures applications (above what your diff will see), along with superior chemical resistance to fuels and acids both in liquid and vapor form.

Thank you, Im going to keep that in mind whenever my diff start to leak. I just rebuilt all three of them not too long ago so I'm really in no hurry to open them up at this point. By the way great response your answer was much more informative than I was expecting to get.

I got the arena o-rings but they don’t fit. The ones that came with the Kraton are smaller. The one on the right is the original.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 72
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back