Granite Such a headache

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themikeey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I'm thinking about selling my granite. I wanna say my experience was positive but it's been terrible. Since the day I got it, it has broken every single time I use it. I don't even bash that hard. I'm very upset with it. At first it was okay because I enjoy fixing it just as much as bashing it but it's gotten to the point where I can't use it more then 5 mins before something breaks. Just overall it's been terrible. I've upgraded the arms to rpm and put typhoon turnbuckle etc but this truck will be the death of me. Is it just me?

I'm thinking about selling my granite. I wanna say my experience was positive but it's been terrible. Since the day I got it, it has broken every single time I use it. I don't even bash that hard. I'm very upset with it. At first it was okay because I enjoy fixing it just as much as bashing it but it's gotten to the point where I can't use it more then 5 mins before something breaks. Just overall it's been terrible. I've upgraded the arms to rpm and put typhoon turnbuckle etc but this truck will be the death of me. Is it just me?
Wow. That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

What keeps breaking, and when? Jumping, crashing, cartwheels?

I Have a Granite and beat the piss out of it. Yes, I upgraded the slipper, rear diff, and axles. I also have the RPM arms on it. Only thing that was an upgrade from a break was the rear diff....killed the input gear and switched to metal (my fault...was pushing a 6yo on a skateboard a bunch with it).

Wow. That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

What keeps breaking, and when? Jumping, crashing, cartwheels?

I Have a Granite and beat the piss out of it. Yes, I upgraded the slipper, rear diff, and axles. I also have the RPM arms on it. Only thing that was an upgrade from a break was the rear diff....killed the input gear and switched to metal (my fault...was pushing a 6yo on a skateboard a bunch with it).
Rear shock tower was first thing to break. Rear tires popped out everytime I use it so I ended up putting loctite, that seamed to work but now the read diff popped off from where it connects to the wheel part. Plastic gear mesh destroyed itself. I upgraded to a metal one and the slipper clutch won't stay tight, keeps loosening while bashing. I can't get the truck to align properly since the typhoon upgrades. I'm thinking maybe the shocks need to be rebuilt which sucks cause I've only had the truck since November 2020. It's just a lot of minor inconvenient things every time I use it.

Rear shock tower was first thing to break. Rear tires popped out everytime I use it so I ended up putting loctite, that seamed to work but now the read diff popped off from where it connects to the wheel part. Plastic gear mesh destroyed itself. I upgraded to a metal one and the slipper clutch won't stay tight, keeps loosening while bashing. I can't get the truck to align properly since the typhoon upgrades. I'm thinking maybe the shocks need to be rebuilt which sucks cause I've only had the truck since November 2020. It's just a lot of minor inconvenient things every time I use it.
Yeah, had some issues with the metal slipper getting loose. Have to clean it all up, remove any oil residue and put lot of locktight on that screw. Did that while back, has not come loose since.

Yeah, had some issues with the metal slipper getting loose. Have to clean it all up, remove any oil residue and put lot of locktight on that screw. Did that while back, has not come loose since.
I'm going to take the entire truck apart tomorrow and wash it thoroughly then rebuild. Going to check the shocks as well and see if that's something that needs to be fixed.

I'm going to take the entire truck apart tomorrow and wash it thoroughly then rebuild. Going to check the shocks as well and see if that's something that needs to be fixed.
Good luck. Good time to check the diffs also and put new fluid in them, and go through all the bearings. Will be like a brand new truck after!

Ever thought of upgrading the shocks?

Good luck. Good time to check the diffs also and put new fluid in them, and go through all the bearings. Will be like a brand new truck after!

Ever thought of upgrading the shocks?
I've already done a full bearing upgrade. I feel like alot of my problems came after the typhon upgrade. I looked at some shocks but it's expensive and I've already invested quite a bit on it and it still breaks all the time.

$90?
(No, no that’s not right) I’m sorry to hear about your frustration, man. Hang in there, it gets easier and funner. Yup.

-Threadlock on the clutch Screw
-get new nuts
-the axles has a screw inside a 2mm hex driver can reach it
-rear diff yeah they go out after a while because of the plastic yokes. Arrma makes a metal upgrade for like 40usd for all the parts. Hot racing is like 80usd. I personally just bought the hot racing diff yokes 32usd Never broke a diff since on my kraton 4s
I wish they made a center diff a clutch is just ass understeer is rly annoying. I understand your frustration. Even if you make it bulletproof with simple things its not worth it. Once you have a bad initial experience with an rc its pretty much done. But if you want any other arrma 3s be aware they are all similar. The 3s line is ussualy bulletproof out of thebox the only thing that gaves out is the diff after like 5-10 hours of run time driving like a clown(stempede from kevin talbot LMAO). I cant really recommand anything. My kraton exb is a tank that never dies. But its not for the beginners. You might find breaking the rear wing to be terrible. But i think i found the permanent fix for it thanks to a member here
major complains of people Is the rear diff and the clutch. Arrma could just release a center diff and the v4 to come with steel diffs and case closed. I know they want to keep the price down but cmon the clutch is just a pain. I shoved red threadlock on mine and the story ended there lol(still able to adjust without it loonesing

Don't sell the granite its the best 3s basher. But do upgrade the motor mount (m2c or custom rc upgrades) the smallest of bend/twist throws everything out and you start shredding gears, the yokes are a good idea also they keep it all a bit tighter. I went for the gpm ones along with gpm turnbuckles. Hope this helps keep the faith

I upgraded to a metal one and the slipper clutch won't stay tight, keeps loosening while bashing.
Are you using the plastic nut on the back of the slipper? Slipper's coming loose were a common issue on the V1-V2 versions, but since I started using the V3 plastic nut I haven't had the slipper come loose again.

Don't sell the granite its the best 3s basher. But do upgrade the motor mount (m2c or custom rc upgrades) the smallest of bend/twist throws everything out and you start shredding gears, the yokes are a good idea also they keep it all a bit tighter. I went for the gpm ones along with gpm turnbuckles. Hope this helps keep the faith
The GPM yolks are working well? Did you check the hot racing ones and/or compare? I’m just researching here lol

Honestly, mine breaks a lot. To be fair 1) I am a terrible driver and 2) I go full send waaayyyy too much. That said, most repairs are fast and cheap as long as you an get parts. And I just take each failure as an opportunity to upgrade, making it more driveable and bulletproof over time.

Not gonna lie, I was a little frustrated with it at first. If I ever buy another Arrma car I’ve got a laundry list of things to check, adjust, tighten, and upgrade before I ever drive it. Lots of my problems were caused by haphazard assembly - axles popping out, rocks in gears because there’s a gap under the housing, loose slipper, empty differentials, half empty shocks. The rest were my craptastic driving.

The GPM yolks are working well? Did you check the hot racing ones and/or compare? I’m just researching here lol
I looked at the HR ones but they seem harder to get in the UK. GPM sell through amazon nice and easy. I have had the yokes on for about 4 months no problem

Sorry to hear that!
I don't understand why some people have such a horrible experience with Arrma's durability, yet others consider their vehicles unbreakable. I've only broken an input gear in my granite when I was being an idiot doing backflips off walls

Sorry to hear that!
I don't understand why some people have such a horrible experience with Arrma's durability, yet others consider their vehicles unbreakable. I've only broken an input gear in my granite when I was being an idiot doing backflips off walls

IMO, Arrma quality control is a little suspect, including the quality of their plastics.

Arrma RTRs are always made a little bit wrong (examples: no threadlock on axles, missing motor washers, slipper set too tight, end points set wrong) and if you're not experienced, you won't realize these things until they show up as bigger problems (wheels fall off, spur gear slips, driveshafts break, servo burns out).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back