Kraton suchtragedy's BLX185 mount for 3S/4S vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I was moving ESCs around my vehicles and had a BLX185 that I wanted to mount on my Kraton 4s. I was looking around for mounting options and came across a mount on Thingiverse that suchtragedy had created for MAX10 sized ESCs that mounted onto the top of the receiver box. I asked if he could lengthen the mount a little so I could just servo tape the ESC mount and he graciously offered to do a redesign so that the BLX185 could be screwed onto the mount along with the switch. Printed it out on my CR-6 SE and you can see the results below.

It's a great compact design that neatly takes care of the ESC and switch.

Thanks @suchtragedy! I appreciate the time you put into this for me.

IMG_1496.jpg
IMG_1497.jpg
IMG_1499.jpg
IMG_1500.jpg
IMG_1502.jpg
IMG_1503.jpg

Last edited:
Glad it's to your liking. I'll probably publish it to thingiverse later as well as add it to my thread in the 3D printer subgroup. Seems more and more folks are trying to shoehorn blx185s in the 3s trucks lately lol

Glad it's to your liking. I'll probably publish it to thingiverse later as well as add it to my thread in the 3D printer subgroup. Seems more and more folks are trying to shoehorn blx185s in the 3s trucks lately lol
I’d buy a couple if you made them ha ha

I’d buy a couple if you made them ha ha
Ehhh I don't have the time plus I got a backlog of jobs to do for a few other folks. If you are super desperate send me a PM and maybe we can figure something out.

I need 2.lol.2 sided take an velcro works but damn that the right way to mount it.very nice suchtragedy, u decide to market them I'll buy 2

A couple of options for those without printers - there are businesses that offering printing of 3D models, such as Shapeways.

Most libraries seem to have 3D printers now and offer their patrons usage of them.

A couple of options for those without printers - there are businesses that offering printing of 3D models, such as Shapeways.

Most libraries seem to have 3D printers now and offer their patrons usage of them.
That’s how I got hooked. My library has printers and I had to make a replacement part for something around the house. Had them print it for me. Takes two weeks for them to turn out prints though. I was in a hurry so decided to buy my own printer. ??

That’s how I got hooked. My library has printers and I had to make a replacement part for something around the house. Had them print it for me. Takes two weeks for them to turn out prints though. I was in a hurry so decided to buy my own printer. ??
So what you’re saying is, I should buy my wife a 3D printer for her craft room for xmas so she can make me rc car parts? Haha

So what you’re saying is, I should buy my wife a 3D printer for her craft room for xmas so she can make me rc car parts? Haha

I printed mine a vase ... however I think she was more impressed with the Elsa and Anna figurines I printed for my daughter.

You're not just limited to big RC car parts either - I've printed glow in the dark wheels and hub adapters for my Losi Mini-T's.

6C4D1BFA-AB78-4396-ABD7-FD2EDE3A007B.jpeg
E490EA8B-A548-4BAD-A4BB-9F3A60C7BF8F.jpeg

Here you guys go:

BLX185 ESC Mount for Arrma 3s Vehicles
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4612362
This adapter plates allows you to shoehorn the larger BLX185 ESC into the Arrma 3s and 4s vehicles. This mount fits on top of the stock receiver box and includes a place to mount the power switch. PLEASE NOTE: This will not work with the Typhon 3s due to it's low profile body (ESCs cannot be mounted on top of the receiver box, there's no room)

Here you guys go:

BLX185 ESC Mount for Arrma 3s Vehicles
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4612362
This adapter plates allows you to shoehorn the larger BLX185 ESC into the Arrma 3s and 4s vehicles. This mount fits on top of the stock receiver box and includes a place to mount the power switch. PLEASE NOTE: This will not work with the Typhon 3s due to it's low profile body (ESCs cannot be mounted on top of the receiver box, there's no room)
Stupid question, does the BLX185 fit behind the motor? And if it does could this be adapted to mount the BLX185 there for guys who have the 3s Typhon and or want to keep their cg low?

Stupid question, does the BLX185 fit behind the motor? And if it does could this be adapted to mount the BLX185 there for guys who have the 3s Typhon and or want to keep their cg low?
With the LWB chassis it fits in the center behind the motor but you can't do this unless you cut out the receiver box entirely and leave just the servo mount.

Here's my 3s LWB chassis with a 3674 motor and BLX185. I cut away half the receiver box and made a custom half sized receiver box lid. To mount this I had to cut away some plastic on the chassis to make room for one of my older adapter plates I've shared screwed into the center esc mounting spot, then using a combination of velcro and a zip tie going under the plate and around the BLX 185 to hold it secure. It has to mount length wise like shown otherwise it will hit the center drive shaft bearing carrier.

More details found here on my 3s Typhon build thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...phon3s-supercharged-with-6s-powerplant.22410/

20201001_185814.jpg

With the LWB chassis it fits in the center behind the motor but you can't do this unless you cut out the receiver box entirely and leave just the servo mount.

Here's my 3s LWB chassis with a 3674 motor and BLX185. I cut away half the receiver box and made a custom half sized receiver box lid. To mount this I had to cut away some plastic on the chassis to make room for one of my older adapter plates I've shared screwed into the center esc mounting spot, then using a combination of velcro and a zip tie going under the plate and around the BLX 185 to hold it secure. It has to mount length wise like shown otherwise it will hit the center drive shaft bearing carrier.

More details found here on my 3s Typhon build thread: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...phon3s-supercharged-with-6s-powerplant.22410/

View attachment 102616
Oh wow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back