Typhon Sugestions on upgrades for the arrma typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorberus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Raider
  3. Typhon 6s
Hello, in my sleepy stupor a few days ago i snagged a Armma typhon 6S on ebay (link here ). I was curious if anyone had any suggestions for some upgrades for it over all. It looks like a V1 typhon but it also looks like it has the BLX 185 so im not sure what version it is. If anyone could give me their thoughts on some upgrades and maybe what version it is that would be awesome. My one friend suggested that i upgrade the Gearbox Bulk head (Here) due to his breaking twice on 6S power. other than that idk anything lol

m2c center braces, m2c shock towers, m2c shock standoffs.. rpm wing mounts.. if your really sending it in the air a m2c chassis..

you can get the aluminum diff housings if you wish, i prefer the factory plastic ones.. ive yet to break one.. ?

The non running parts buggy looks like a newer version but the runner looks like an older version (V2/V1) looking at the receiver box for example.
Arrma exploded views, PDF, manuals, parts list etc all here: https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads/TYPHON/BLX/2019

When I saw the eBay price at first I thought you'd been done but tbh for the amount of parts there is I don't think it's necessarily a bad price even if some stuff is used or a bit dirty.

Personally I'd strip it down for a full clean.
Replacing all bearings would be a good idea maybe even going for sealed bearings which would be especially a good idea if you intend using it off-road or in dirty/wet conditions. Strip your diffs down, ...cleaning and rebuilding them up with fresh oils. Same again for the shocks.

Do all that above first getting the car into clean, fresh useable condition and then consider later what mods you might want depending on how it handles doing what you want to do with it. (y)

The non running parts buggy looks like a newer version but the runner looks like an older version (V2/V1) looking at the receiver box for example.
Arrma exploded views, PDF, manuals, parts list etc all here: https://www.arrma-rc.com/support/downloads/TYPHON/BLX/2019

When I saw the eBay price at first I thought you'd been done but tbh for the amount of parts there is I don't think it's necessarily a bad price even if some stuff is used or a bit dirty.

Personally I'd strip it down for a full clean.
Replacing all bearings would be a good idea maybe even going for sealed bearings which would be especially a good idea if you intend using it off-road or in dirty/wet conditions. Strip your diffs down, ...cleaning and rebuilding them up with fresh oils. Same again for the shocks.

Do all that above first getting the car into clean, fresh useable condition and then consider later what mods you might want depending on how it handles doing what you want to do with it. (y)
I'll do that, sounds like a good start to me. I was just surprised by all the parts and such that i was in my stupor going eh it'll work out there's lots of batteries i can use too lol. Are there any brand recommendations for bearings? I'd prob go sealed bearings and run it in the park down the street but ik im gonna want to go for speed runs on the asphalt. I didnt ask it but do you know of any decent street tires? Currently im running duratrax banditos Front and rear i got in a bundle with my armma raider. They love to grip but at the same time the treads are pretty warn (almost to the base of the tire).

Are there any brand recommendations for bearings?

Jims bearing.
Talking of upgrades, I added some Traxxas braces from diff to diff; I still appreciate them.
I don't do speed run on asphalt.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    278.5 KB · Views: 85
Are there any brand recommendations for bearings?
I didnt ask it but do you know of any decent street tires?
I can't really recommend any bearing makers as I've not tried specific companies because I buy mine straight from a manufacturer here in the UK.
As mentioned though above by @pl9171 "Jims Bearings" seem popular as do "Fast Eddy" bearings, but as I said I haven't tried them personally.

If you're planning on speed runs with your Typhon then it has to be either GRP tyres or BSR foams. I use GRP tyres (S3 compound) myself and as well as being reasonably priced they're more than capable of handling some very high speeds.

Have a read of my build thread if you get time for some inspiration hopefully as well as tips etc: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runner-typhon-6s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/

Fair few other speed runners on here as well as some other great build threads to give you lots of help and inspiration. Good luck and have fun. (y)

Shim all diffs, M2c chassis, markhor shock towers, m2c braces, 2.8 badlands, mmx combo with b link haha that’s what I got ? I love thy hobby
Forgive me for asking (im still generally new to the hobby), but what do you mean by "Shim all diffs"? I don't have a MMX, but i do have a MM and a MM2 with a 2650 KV motor i got off a deal i did to get an RC for my old man and have no use for them so i was thinking about testing them out (Gotta dump the traxxas plugs and toss on either XT90's or XT150's tho). I also have a set of brand new 3.8 Pro line trenchers i could steal off an E revo tho :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back