Felony Suggested Servo replacement for Felony

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Vylan

If you're in control, you're not going fast enough
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Last edited:
Upgrading your servo will give more torque to turn the wheels and be slightly faster. If running the blx esc get a servo that gives you all it has at 6.0v. Im a big fan of overpriced Savox servos. The 1230SG is a pricey beast that delivers 500T at 6v. It is taller than a standard servo and will require spacers or a different servo mount. Plenty of other fine servos out there in the world that I know nothing about. Im sure others will chime in. If being waterproof like the factory servo is of paramount concern, make sure your new servo is listed as such.

Upgrading your servo will give more torque to turn the wheels and be slightly faster. If running the blx esc get a servo that gives you all it has at 6.0v. Im a big fan of overpriced Savox servos. The 1230SG is a pricey beast that delivers 500T at 6v. It is taller than a standard servo and will require spacers or a different servo mount. Plenty of other fine servos out there in the world that I know nothing about. Im sure others will chime in. If being waterproof like the factory servo is of paramount concern, make sure your new servo is listed as such.
Sounds good and I'm also a fan and owner of Savox products. I was surprised to see that the stock servo is analog.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR390139

The only issue with this servo is that it is 6.4mm taller.

AR390139
40mm wide
20mm deep
38.5mm tall

1600220566360.png

Yup. You either have to make some spacers or get a servo mount for a "tall" servo. The other alternative would be to find a standard height servo with high torque/speed.

You can get faster speed and the same torque for a fraction of the price on Aliexpress with the chinese servos. they are waterproof, aluminium and take a beating. I run them in my bashers and take big air jumps and they keep turning my wheels without issues. They are super cheap sometimes 2 for 25. ?‍♂️

Yup. You either have to make some spacers or get a servo mount for a "tall" servo. The other alternative would be to find a standard height servo with high torque/speed.
Located the correct size and will not need to modify. Thanks for all of the advice.

I run the 2270SG in my Neros, Kraton EXB, Infraction and Felony. Top notch stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back