suggestions for 1/18 scale or smaller indoor carpet crusher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quad_rocket

Reaction score
was hoping to get some suggestions on fun quick indoor rc car that does fine on thicker carpet.

i do have a scx24 crawler, and i am okay with that price point. but i am looking for something to do laps and hit some miniramps in the living room.

thanks!

Losi mini-t 2.0
I have half a dozen pizza/shoe box ramps in my basement, kind of a track. It’s super fun! ?
They do just fine on my standards length carpet.
5874EA08-6123-486F-8652-48D4ED0959E4.jpeg

i do like the look of the losi and the buggy banggood special

any major issues with the Losi? read something about front a-arms being weak?

Losi mini-t 2.0
I have half a dozen pizza/shoe box ramps in my basement, kind of a track. It’s super fun! ?
They do just fine on my standards length carpet.View attachment 92177
I would dare say this one is as good as (if not better :cool: ) than a Mini-T. Especially on thicker carpet
https://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A97...60.html?rmmds=search&ID=224&cur_warehouse=USA

If you want a short course version instead, try this one:
https://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A96...807&custlinkid=192406&ID=226&cur_warehouse=CN

Buggy version:
https://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A95....html?rmmds=search&ID=513344&cur_warehouse=CN

i do order from banggood, but i am not sure if i want to want that long nor have to wait that long for parts when i inevitably break it :D

The front arms we only an issue with the first batch, they revised them and are tough as nails now. I bash the heck out of these things and they take it like a champ! Those crappy first release arms were the only thing I’ve managed to break. ?

Edit: actually I’ve gone thru a few bodies... ?

i do order from banggood, but i am not sure if i want to want that long nor have to wait that long for parts when i inevitably break it :D

The Losi parts are available at all my lhs.

i do like the look of the losi and the buggy banggood special

If you don't want to have to deal with Banggood's long shipping times for parts, you could just buy two of the buggies since they're so cheap, and use one for spare parts. Buying two of those would also be cheaper than buying a Mini-T.

If it was me I would go with the Losi. I have a couple of WL Toys cars and in all honesty they are barely better than toy grade rcs, I've actually had toy grade rcs that had much better build quality than either of them. The only plus side to them is the parts are dirt cheap. I cannot in good conscience recommend that anyone buy them.

If it was me I would go with the Losi. I have a couple of WL Toys cars and in all honesty they are barely better than toy grade rcs, I've actually had toy grade rcs that had much better build quality than either of them. The only plus side to them is the parts are dirt cheap. I cannot in good conscience recommend that anyone buy them.
Think about this: The Losi has a top speed of 10-15mph, but the WL Toys has a speed of 20-25mph. One reason they might seem toy grade is that out of the box they have very little oil in the shocks, but you can easily just add more oil to them. Also, the WL Toys ones have a lot more metal parts than the Mini-T, which I guess is kinda unnecessary for such a small car, but still for $100 less, it's better IMO.

Have you yet decided? ;)

I thought this was supposed to make it easier!

I have the Granite for bashing and the SCX24 for when I feel like crawling, so I like the idea of the Losi and having something (respectable?) to race.

So I even wandered over to look at the 1/14 scale MINI 8IGHT and then thought about finding a Banngood special for the indoor action?

GD, I am oscillating all over the place on this.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOS01000

https://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-144...t_middle_products&ID=6157207&cur_warehouse=CN

Think about this: The Losi has a top speed of 10-15mph, but the WL Toys has a speed of 20-25mph. One reason they might seem toy grade is that out of the box they have very little oil in the shocks, but you can easily just add more oil to them. Also, the WL Toys ones have a lot more metal parts than the Mini-T, which I guess is kinda unnecessary for such a small car, but still for $100 less, it's better IMO.

All that speed is useless if the parts don't hold up. The reason they seem do toy grade is because the parts are all made out of the cheapest Chinesium they could find. Yes the aluminum parts are unnecessary on it. It costs $100 less but there is a good reason why.

Losi parts don't break constantly and when or if they do you can run to your lhs and buy them.
Wltoys you drive it once break something then have to wait 2 months to get parts.......

Again already having 2 WL Toys cars I know the pain of having to wait for parts.

just ordered 2 Losi Mini-T 2.0s

one for myself, one for my brother as an early bday gift

will be nice to be racing the same rc and for replacement/upgrade parts into the future

this will be his first hobby grade and i think a great place to start because of the lower prices of entry/repair and that it is only 2 wheel drive

thanks all!

1596293154802.png

I don’t really care for t-bone stuff, but I highly recommend the front and rear bumpers for those.
At only $9 a pop I feel they are well with it!

I have a WLToys A969 and a good US eBay seller (str/teamjbhobbies) stocks almost all the parts for these WLToys cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back