Suggestions for best tire to replace Arrma Kraton stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks bud!! great advice! i was considering,badland, backflip and shockwave....everyone are pointing to the back flip.because of size similarity,reinforcement rib inside,traction, durability and finally a little bit more heavy than the original one...that make for easier back flip.:p the only down side is that, in some case they seem to crack or tear on the edge of the wheel and you have to keep an eye open and put some ca glue as soon as you see a small sign of unglued or tear tires!! thank again!!:)
No worries at all brother !! :) :)
I have had one ( backflip) tear in the tread unfortunately :( :( .. i will say i was bashing in a very ruff spot and it looks like i hit some glass .

I have just put a mx38 on the scales and its comming up at 406.1 grams . The dboots backflip is coming up as 367.8 grams :cool::cool:
I have just put a mx38 on the scales and its comming up at 406.1 grams . The dboots backflip is coming up as 367.8 grams :cool::cool:
38.2 gram for all four?! i would have thought a bit more but hey....in unsuspended weight...that good!! and the width of the tire too plays a big role in steering response ,cornering,temps etc...

38.2 gram for all four?! i would have thought a bit more but hey....in unsuspended weight...that good!! and the width of the tire too plays a big role in steering response ,cornering,temps etc...
backflips on the way!!!:D

Last edited:

My bad brother the weights are for a single wheel

Are you sure that your scale is accurate? A few weeks ago I measured a set of four brand new Big Joe II 3.8" premounts, and all four together were 300 gr. I also weighed a very slightly used set of taped dBoots Copperheads, and they were 305 gr for a set of four. Maybe you mean that a set of four was 367 gr or 406 gr?

Are you sure that your scale is accurate? A few weeks ago I measured a set of four brand new Big Joe II 3.8" premounts, and all four together were 300 gr. I also weighed a very slightly used set of taped dBoots Copperheads, and they were 305 gr for a set of four. Maybe you mean that a set of four was 367 gr or 406 gr?
Sorry for the late reply . I didnt see the notification
Here are some photos
Yeah im pretty sure there ok ??
20171111_001640.jpg

20171111_001010.jpg

Sorry, its just so different from the tires that I have weighed. Each of my Big Joe II and dBoots Copperhead tires (mounted on rims) only weigh 75 grams each.

Sorry, its just so different from the tires that I have weighed. Each of my Big Joe II and dBoots Copperhead tires (mounted on rims) only weigh 75 grams each.
Thats so weird ?? Iv tested my scales using a coin and its accurate .. i need to find some different/larger scales and i will double check again . When i do ill let you know the results :cool:

According to Amazon the shipping weight is 1.9 pounds for two of them or 430 grams a piece. I don't know how accurate that is though since it's Amazon ship weight.

@maxbraketorque, are you sure that your scale is accurate and zerod out and everything? The shipping weight from Amazon of the big joe 2 3.8s is 1.4 pounds for two or 317 grams for one.

According to Amazon the shipping weight is 1.9 pounds for two of them or 430 grams a piece. I don't know how accurate that is though since it's Amazon ship weight.

@maxbraketorque, are you sure that your scale is accurate and zerod out and everything? The shipping weight from Amazon of the big joe 2 3.8s is 1.4 pounds for two or 317 grams for one.
That sounds right to me .. I've tripple checked and my weights are the same every time :) :)

I'll check again using a different scale, but they don't feel anything close to 0.7 lb each.

I'll check again using a different scale, but they don't feel anything close to 0.7 lb each.
I know sometimes shipping weights are extremely overly exaggerated but at 75 grams that would be like 2.5 ounces, which seems really light to me.

Also on another note, according to Arrma's website the v2 Kraton and Talion are 1 pound 3 ounces, or 540 grams different, and I believe the only difference is the wheels and tires (not 100% sure). So that would mean that each stock Kraton tire and wheel is 135 grams heavier then each Talion one.

But let me know what you find out with another scale as I'm really curious as to what is going on as well.

I got 402g for the MX38's

Attachments

• IMG_6430.PNG
    IMG_6430.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
Awesome. The 6.5" diameter of the Duratrax matches stock Kraton, so that's good. 1/2" offset would be the way to go to keep the tire from hitting the body at full lock. Now if someone knows the weight...
I don't know the exact weight but they are heavy. I had them in my emaxx. Goid tires. Just make sure u seal the holes inside the rims to keep water out. I didnt do that and the foam inside the wheels threw everything off balance once they got wet. I tried everything to get the foam to dry and they still leak water

Trencher 40 series

Attachments

• F583391D-D1DB-4FED-90FA-CA99282BBFE3.jpeg
    F583391D-D1DB-4FED-90FA-CA99282BBFE3.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 9AB8830C-917E-4390-87CD-DA73329B5915.jpeg
    9AB8830C-917E-4390-87CD-DA73329B5915.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 148
Running the Kraton on 6S, it's a beast! What tire do you suggest I replace the stock tires with? This set lasted a half a dozen runs. I'm looking to run on pavement and off road, dirt grass. Thoughts? Thanks!
Super swampers have street tread in the middle and rows of lugs on the sides for off roading specific for ON and OFF road. I have them on my Kraton over 1 year and i run roads and lawns. They are showing minimal wear honestly FANTASTIC TIRES for mixed driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back