Suggestions for best tire to replace Arrma Kraton stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, what about berserker tires? Super soft.
la4uib.jpg

thanks bud!! great advice! i was considering,badland, backflip and shockwave....everyone are pointing to the back flip.because of size similarity,reinforcement rib inside,traction, durability and finally a little bit more heavy than the original one...that make for easier back flip.:p the only down side is that, in some case they seem to crack or tear on the edge of the wheel and you have to keep an eye open and put some ca glue as soon as you see a small sign of unglued or tear tires!! thank again!!:)
I second the part about damage right at the rim. The tire flush mounts with the edge of the rim and provides no protection. Rocks, Landing wrong, general bashing etc tears up this area quickly. Sand, grass and small gravel will get lodged between tire and rim, this causes premature detonation of tires..lol Lost both rears at the same time on my outcast due to not paying enough attention to this area. I have since ordered a new set and have a plan for fixing this problem. Will post pics after I have it sorted.

I’ve been running SRC terrain crushers only on pavement nothing rough and ran only a pack through them and their suprisingly stable.

I run Axial 40 series beadlocks with Pro-line Mashers and another set with Pro-line Trenchers. I don't believe they make either tire anymore and the Trenchers already have a few big cuts in them. Need to find a replacement tire option for the beadlocks. I have always loved these wheels.

20180721_094320.jpg
20180721_094346.jpg

Hey, what you ppl prefer, scr road or GRP tires 1/5? what is the diference in grip, durability etc..

Thanks cuzzy. I'm leaning towards the Dboots backflips but everywhere is out of stock. I hear these are the best in terms of not ballooning as much. I'm really disappointed with the Duratrax MT's. Pizza plates at 20MPH SMH
I've heard of pizza cutters, but never pizza plates...

The DBoots backflips are great tires, but they balloon like crazy!

Question.

I am a noob. I bought badlands knockoffs. Will they work. They are so low profile???

I thought I bought backflips.

Let me know.

Question.

I am a noob. I bought badlands knockoffs. Will they work. They are so low profile???

I thought I bought backflips.

Let me know.

If they’re low profile then I’d avoid jumping the car with them but they could still be OK for normal driving.

Any pics of them?

Guess so. Doubt anyone will buy without pics though.
You’ve got them, might as well try them?

I just got the badlands and they are serious...Have not run them yet though....
IMG_2799.jpg
IMG_2796.jpg
IMG_2794.jpg
IMG_2801.jpg

I am venting them right now so hopefully I don't have issues with them. Ive seen Rich D run them and I didnt notice any ballooning so I am hoping for the best....They are def a lot softer then a new set of backflips....Im gonna go jump it tomorrow if the rain chills out...Let ya know...

From what I've seen you may need to put fishing line around them to stop the ballooning. Check out the difference at 4:08 (front tied, rear isn't).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back