Suggestions for bolt kits anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon NC RC

Keep it fun......SEND IT
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
Hey all.... just had to go to LHS for a 3mm x 12 cap bolt.... yeah, needed one, had to buy pack of 10.. No big whoop....other than its a one hour drive one way to the closest LHS
However, I see collections of bolts of various sizes for RC cars on Amazon, but Im sure I can buy a collection of crap from there as easily as what I really want.
So everyone, have you found a bolt kit that has a decent selection of replacements for Arrma 3S and 6S rigs? Looking into 8S as well, but, if you found a kit that has decent selection at decent price , like to hear about it!!
don't need 500 of each type, just a few will do....
Hope this makes sense..... been a rough couple of days doing the nurse thing....

Hey all.... just had to go to LHS for a 3mm x 12 cap bolt.... yeah, needed one, had to buy pack of 10.. No big whoop....other than its a one hour drive one way to the closest LHS
However, I see collections of bolts of various sizes for RC cars on Amazon, but Im sure I can buy a collection of crap from there as easily as what I really want.
So everyone, have you found a bolt kit that has a decent selection of replacements for Arrma 3S and 6S rigs? Looking into 8S as well, but, if you found a kit that has decent selection at decent price , like to hear about it!!
don't need 500 of each type, just a few will do....
Hope this makes sense..... been a rough couple of days doing the nurse thing....

One thing I did start off with was I went to Jenny's and purchased a screw kit for all my rigs. He sells for $10 avg all the screws in a bag he takes off an RC. So now I have almost all the screws I need if I need something for a rig: BR, Granite, Infraction, Losi, etc. From there I bought sets of screws but none as a kit...

Jenny's screw kit is great and a must-have if starting out...IMHO

One thing I did start off with was I went to Jenny's and purchased a screw kit for all my rigs. He sells for $10 avg all the screws in a bag he takes off an RC. So now I have almost all the screws I need if I need something for a rig: BR, Granite, Infraction, Losi, etc. From there I bought sets of screws but none as a kit...

Jenny's screw kit is great and a must-have if starting out...IMHO
Great idea…..yep yep….thanx!!!
Amazon iExcell kits or the screw kits from Jenny’s
Will look into Excell , $10 for a screw kit from Jenny’s would be hard to beat…..

depending on where your at, Ace Hardware usually has a good selection of little metric screws and bolts, also Dubro rc products has screws in bags of 6

depending on where your at, Ace Hardware usually has a good selection of little metric screws and bolts, also Dubro rc products has screws in bags of 6
Idk about your Ace but mine only carries 10.9 grade screws, these are fine for the 3s models, but I wouldn't use them on the 6s. Menards has 12.9 grade screws as well.

Another option that I like to do so I don't end up with a bunch of screws that I will never use it to determine what size screws I need and buy them in bulk from Monster Bolts on eBay.

Idk about your Ace but mine only carries 10.9 grade screws, these are fine for the 3s models, but I wouldn't use them on the 6s. Menards has 12.9 grade screws as well.

Another option that I like to do so I don't end up with a bunch of screws that I will never use it to determine what size screws I need and buy them in bulk from Monster Bolts on eBay.
Yeah, used to work a lot with hitest bolts in construction…..don’t want to get hardware not up to the task....

btw, your suggestion of naphtha works great for diff cleaning!

Thanx for the help everyone, just ordered a bolt pack from Jenny’s…..$27 delivered ….should have a good assortment for the Senton and Mojave…..

I went to a local store with a list of what I wanted and how many of each. The store specializes in nuts and bolts. They didn't have everything but enough that I got majority of what I needed for both 3s and 6s

I bought amazon screw sets for each type of head. I think they are mostly grade 10.9, but I find that is good enough for my 6s rigs. Ever since I switched to 3D RC wing mounts and M2C M4 shock standoffs, I don't really ever break screws unless a component has failed completely. The JRC kit is a good price, but I like the amazon kits because they have labeled containers they come in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back