Kraton Suggestions for Kraton Updates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertoArrma

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm waiting for my new Kraton V5 6s 1/8,

what kind of accessories do you recommend me to buy? Or it's good with material Out of the box and RTR?

Hope someone want to answer me and have a nice day to all.

Alberto!!!

Start out with a good charger and a couple of battery packs. Install a front bumper . Replace the front and rear chassis braces with metal ones. Then upgrade parts as they break. Get a screws kit from Jennys RC so you don't have to buy individual screws as they break or get lost.

Start out with a good charger and a couple of battery packs. Install a front bumper . Replace the front and rear chassis braces with metal ones. Then upgrade parts as they break. Get a screws kit from Jennys RC so you don't have to buy individual screws as they break or get lost.
Hi soppy, can u link link the Front and rear chassis braces with metal ones please? Thanks

The EXB braces are really quite nice as well. Really can't go wrong whichever you decide to choose.

I recommend getting something like a dusty motor cover, shock socks, and a motor fan if you're bashing in hot ambient temps (like AZ). Otherwise get some decent hex drivers and ok nut drivers, I got the 1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm MIP set for hex and pros kit for the nut drivers

If you can get your hands on it, throw the EXB front bumper on there when you can. I also recommend installing the Outcast wheelie bar to protect your wing when doing a wheelie. Steel skids for the differential bumps on the underside of the chassis also wouldn't go amiss. Arrma offers a rear one, RPM offers a rear one that needs to be modded, and hot racing offers a front and rear one.

Finally, a lot of people are not satisfied with the steering on the truck (myself included). The Best way to solve this is to slowly progress up in upgrades. First clean and check your pillow balls and correctly set the tension on the nuts (I also used a dry graphite lube in the pillow ball cups). Then put 2 to 3 c-clips on the servo saver, or switch to the extra hard servo saver spring if you want to take it apart. I would also order a fast eddy bearing kit and replace the 4 steering bushings with bearings, or get the hot racing bell crank assembly as that too comes with the bearings. If you're not satisfied after that, you need to replace your servo mount to an aluminum one (like hot racing). You can then switch the servo itself out to any DS3235KG on Amazon. These are a drop in and cheap. If you switch the servo you'll need a new servo horn. I used the hot racing fixed servo link. You will probably need to put a 4mm spacer on the steering link if it's too extreme of an angle.

I've been happy with the stock diff fluid, but if you wanted to switch it out, something like 60k/500k/20k would be decent.

This is a lot of info and not at all necessary, but it's basically what I've done so far haha.

Edit: Oh, forgot one thing. If you think you'll ever flip the truck over on concrete or a hard surface, put some universal RPM roof skids on to protect the body from getting scuffed up.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back