Suggestions for new 3D Printer User

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeighDay

I came...I saw...I broke it
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Talion EXB
I bit the bullet last night and purchased an Ender 3 S1 Pro. Should arrive by Tuesday. I have printed very briefly before with PLA and PLA+ and very excited to be able to print in other material as well. I was reading through various post / threads trying to gain as much knowledge as I can but just have a couple of questions for the greater minds out there;

Any other tips or tricks for somebody who is just starting out with 3D printing?

Definitely found some nice projects members have submitted on this forum. Appreciate everyone who has already shared their knowledge / STL files.

Last edited:
Sub'd for curiosity 👍🏼
Cat Kitten GIF

I bit the bullet last night and purchased an Ender 3 S1 Pro. Should arrive by Tuesday. I have printed very briefly before with PLA and PLA+ and very excited to be able to print in other material as well. I was reading through various post / threads trying to gain as much knowledge as I can but just have a couple of questions for the greater minds out there;

Any other tips or tricks for somebody who is just starting out with 3D printing?

Definitely found some nice projects members have submitted on this forum. Appreciate everyone who has already shared their knowledge / STL files.
Sunlu filament is pretty good quality.

I have just been using regular PLA as it was very reasonably priced. Has been great! Surprisingly durable given the material.

Some day would like to step up to an S1 or S1 pro to get into TPU printing.

Biggest frustration with initial setup (ender 3 pro) was making sure alignment and all components were square. Even the factory built build plate was off...

With PLA no I don't think you will need an enclosure. With filaments like ABS I hear it is almost a necessity to have one.

I try to have my printer on the sturdiest table I can find to minimize vibration, my preference.

Last edited:
Sunlu filament is pretty good quality.
Thank you for that info. I saw another member suggested that company as well. I purchased this last time I was 3D printing.

1678653168635.png

I have just been using regular PLA as it was very reasonably priced. Has been great! Surprisingly durable given the material.

I did purchase some Hatchbox PLA last time I was printing. Seemed to work pretty well 🤷‍♂️

Do you like it?
I haven’t used anything else😂. It worked good for a bit, but my last print was pretty ugly. Some smart people here told me it had gotten too wet, so Im going to dry it and I’ll report back. Im currently in the car to St Louis for the week, and got home from florida yesterday. I’ll post on the 3d print section when im back.

I haven’t used anything else😂. It worked good for a bit, but my last print was pretty ugly. Some smart people here told me it had gotten too wet, so Im going to dry it and I’ll report back. Im currently in the car to St Louis for the week, and got home from florida yesterday. I’ll post on the 3d print section when im back.
Yeah, I think mine are too wet to.

I bit the bullet last night and purchased an Ender 3 S1 Pro. Should arrive by Tuesday.

Awesome!
Will be fun & exciting!!

I have printed very briefly before with PLA and PLA+ and very excited to be able to print in other material as well. I was reading through various post / threads trying to gain as much knowledge as I can but just have a couple of questions for the greater minds out there;

I use a bunch of eSun.

IF you plan on printing with ASA, CF, PC you might as well invest in an enclosure.

I have my printer with custom rubber feet sitting on a large ceramic tile.

Use PLA+ ,mush less headache.

Take your time calibrating your printer.
Write down how you change its settings (from standard/defaults) Because each printer is just slightly different (even between the same models). And you need to tweak it to make it optimal.

What part of St.louis?!? My home state 🤣

As far as everything else. I’m sure @Tex Koder or @3d-rc.myshopify.com could help? If not I’m sure that there’s tons of wealth knowledge on YouTube or Facebook even.

Biggest frustration with initial setup (ender 3 pro) was making sure alignment and all components were square. Even the factory built build plate was off...

With PLA no I don't think you will need an enclosure. With filaments like ABS I hear it is almost a necessity to have one.

I try to have my printer on the sturdiest table I can find to minimize vibration, my preference.

Keep in mind you can print 95A TPU all day long with a small piece of PTFE placed into the receiving side of the feeder assembly.. 👍..

it will also print 87A all day long if you run in the 20mm sec range.. slow yes, but it will print just fine..

Keep in mind you can print 95A TPU all day long with a small piece of PTFE placed into the receiving side of the feeder assembly.. 👍..

it will also print 87A all day long if you run in the 20mm sec range.. slow yes, but it will print just fine..
Thank you!! I don't have spare tube yet but I will check it out. Been meaning to pick some up but it seems like most of the Capricorn tube is fake on amazon, couldn't tell what was what..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back