Suggestions for new 3D Printer User

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!! I don't have spare tube yet but I will check it out. Been meaning to pick some up but it seems like most of the Capricorn tube is fake on amazon, couldn't tell what was what..

Head over to th3d.. tim will take care of you.. the tough tube is just as good.. 👍

What part of St.louis?!? My home state 🤣

As far as everything else. I’m sure @Tex Koder or @3d-rc.myshopify.com could help? If not I’m sure that there’s tons of wealth knowledge on YouTube or Facebook even.
They’re actually the two who said it was wet. Turns out it’s a bit past St. Louis, my mom didn’t know it. I’m on the east side of Missouri now. In Springfield. Where are you?

They’re actually the two who said it was wet. Turns out it’s a bit past St. Louis, my mom didn’t know it. I’m on the east side of Missouri now. In Springfield. Where are you?
Well I’m in Columbia Illinois. But I was born and raised in Jefferson county Missouri. About 3 hours from Springfield.

Thank you all for the suggestions and comments

I think it went pretty well for my first print. Still lots to learn and research but I am having fun with it.

0F8F0885-83C6-48C6-B2C1-D06D4CC760C0.jpeg

1A133985-DCD5-4A65-A0B0-BBE26AF7C4C5.jpeg

5FF12932-964E-4BDF-8953-C2151678B867.jpeg

Thank you all for the suggestions and comments

I think it went pretty well for my first print. Still lots to learn and research but I am having fun with it.

View attachment 285814

View attachment 285815

View attachment 285816

You need to change your Z Seam Alignment settings -from Front- to User Specified ,and choose Rear Right
Also, your first layer needs to be set a tad lower, you need to have it squish a bit more.

Other than that.. first print looks quite good 👍

PS: What's your print speed and temperatures set at?

You need to change your Z Seam Alignment settings -from Front- to User Specified ,and choose Rear Right
Also, your first layer needs to be set a tad lower, you need to have it squish a bit more.

Other than that.. first print looks quite good 👍

PS: What's your print speed and temperatures set at?

Thank you! Just updated that in Cura. I had it user defined but was set to the rear. I will adjust the first layer as you mentioned to help it squish some more.

For that print I did it at 200. I have been testing it from 190 to 210 for PLA and PLA+. I also found some temperature testing stl files so I can see which temperature works the best for the filament but haven't done that yet.

I just checked my e steps and it was perfect as far as I can tell.

1678997332761.png

I am now calibrating the flow rate to make sure that is correct. I seem to be having an problem with the top of my prints where they are not even. I tried adding more top layers but it didn't change the quality of the top.

1678997381481.png

EDIT: I have my print speed set to 50mms

Thank you! Just updated that in Cura. I had it user defined but was set to the rear. I will adjust the first layer as you mentioned to help it squish some more.

For that print I did it at 200. I have been testing it from 190 to 210 for PLA and PLA+. I also found some temperature testing stl files so I can see which temperature works the best for the filament but haven't done that yet.

I just checked my e steps and it was perfect as far as I can tell.

View attachment 285842

I am now calibrating the flow rate to make sure that is correct. I seem to be having an problem with the top of my prints where they are not even. I tried adding more top layers but it didn't change the quality of the top.

View attachment 285843

EDIT: I have my print speed set to 50mms

How many top layers?
Looks like you're going a bit too fast.. at least judging by how the top layer is looking..

If you want to keep it at that speed, you will need to increase the nozzle temp by 18-25°
Or, slow your print speed down to 30-ish.

How many top layers?
Looks like you're going a bit too fast.. at least judging by how the top layer is looking..

If you want to keep it at that speed, you will need to increase the nozzle temp by 18-25°
Or, slow your print speed down to 30-ish.
I started with 2 and then tried 4. Maybe it's the .stl file that I am printing? In Cura preview it does seem like that is how is supposed to be albeit not that rough.
1678999089377.png

Here is another example of a top layer from a different print.

1678999216125.png

I will slow down the print speed like you recommended to see if that improves.

I started with 2 and then tried 4. Maybe it's the .stl file that I am printing? In Cura preview it does seem like that is how is supposed to be albeit not that rough.
View attachment 285849
Here is another example of a top layer from a different print.

View attachment 285851

I will slow down the print speed like you recommended to see if that improves.

Interesting. Looks to have the texture designed into the surface of that piece..

The second print's surface looks normal/as expected.

You're at standard 0.4 nozzle size, yes? If so, you could tweak the flow rate.. turn it down some by 10% and see how it effects the prints.

Interesting. Looks to have the texture designed into the surface of that piece..

The second print's surface looks normal/as expected.

You're at standard 0.4 nozzle size, yes? If so, you could tweak the flow rate.. turn it down some by 10% and see how it effects the prints.
Correct standard .4 nozzle. You were right on with the 10% reduced flow rate. I did the cube test and based on the calculations I should reduce to 89%.

Correct standard .4 nozzle. You were right on with the 10% reduced flow rate. I did the cube test and based on the calculations I should reduce to 89%.

Oof 89 seems steep .. all my creality printers have provided best results in the 97-98% flow rates.. 89 you may find the layers not squishing together enough for a good bond.. just keep an eye on it..👍

Oof 89 seems steep .. all my creality printers have provided best results in the 97-98% flow rates.. 89 you may find the layers not squishing together enough for a good bond.. just keep an eye on it..👍
Roger that. I followed the guide from this YT video.

Did some prints last night and I think they turned out pretty well I think? 🤷‍♂️ Only issue on this first is it created a lip at the very top and I just snipped off the excess. I should have taken a picture of it before I did. I did print these out vertically.

1679074157194.png
1679074224848.png

1679074249313.png
1679074259939.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back