Senton Suggestions for new tires on the Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rasburry

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Senton 3s
Does anyone have suggestions for new tires to put on the 3S Senton blx? I'm not looking to do the monster senton upgrade, I'm enjoying the stock tire size. Just wore them out so fast. Looking for something that won't balloon and won't wear down so fast.

I drive mixed terrain, mostly grass and dirt but sometimes pavement

Will the belted Badlands fit? They are 2.10 wide and 5.04 tall. So a little taller and a little wider than the stock senton tires.

Here they are on my typhon 6s

20210405_222654.jpg

They also make a non belted version that are just a little shorter. 4.95, still 2.10 wide. Little different tread pattern.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...JfVdRtMzJS--GafFa28mAa4W8TetO8AxoCsuoQAvD_BwE

Ones on my Typhon have the 17mm. You can get the hex for 17mm, or 14mm. They come with 12mm. The hex bolts onto the rims. They come with them not attached, so you can use any size. The hex adapters are only like $10 for all 4.

All good I put 17mm adapters on mine. Bought the tires for the senton 6s , what ever they are. Also to put grps on for street use.

All good I put 17mm adapters on mine. Bought the tires for the senton 6s , what ever they are. Also to put grps on for street use.
Are the tires for the 6s the same diameter roughly?
Will the belted Badlands fit? They are 2.10 wide and 5.04 tall. So a little taller and a little wider than the stock senton tires.

View attachment 146395
They also make a non belted version that are just a little shorter. 4.95, still 2.10 wide. Little different tread pattern.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...JfVdRtMzJS--GafFa28mAa4W8TetO8AxoCsuoQAvD_BwE
I don't know if they'll fit but those are good looking tires. That's a nice look on the Typhon! I'm sure the belted tires run smooth too.

I just burned all the tread off the back tires on my Senton 3S yesterday running on pavement and now im looking for a wheel and tire setup that will last longer.

I just burned all the tread off the back tires on my Senton 3S yesterday running on pavement and now im looking for a wheel and tire setup that will last longer.
For tarmac/light off-roading, I've really enjoyed the Louise Rocket (Duratrax Bandito in the US market). I got the 12mm hex with a conversion kit, but I just saw they should also be available in 14mm. Put about 20 packs through them on asphalt, gravel, and a rock quarry, and they are still going strong.

I bought 17mm adapters and I'm just going to buy cheap buggy wheels on amazon for bashing. I currently have Duratrax wheels that are way softer and better than the original junk tires.

View attachment 146395
I just checked the size and those are a little big for the stock Senton, but they're the same size as the Ragnarok tires on my big rock. I think I may get those when the big rock needs new shoes

I bought 17mm adapters and I'm just going to buy cheap buggy wheels on amazon for bashing. I currently have Duratrax wheels that are way softer and better than the original junk tires.
I did the 17mm hex conversion using Typhon parts but was having clearance issues between the steering arms and inside wheels rubbing. I just got M2C adapters with 5mm offset and it sure helps. No slop on the axles like the Typhon conversion. As far as tires, I am satisfied with the Duratrax Lock Up. Just got the Six Pack but not liking the material, looks like the same material from the Senton 6S Arrma tires which are junk.

20210514_204521.jpg

20210514_204512.jpg

Trenchers
I ended up going with the Trenchers. I saw some badlands that were the same size and they looked good too, but the tread looks more aggressive for off road on the badlands. I think the Trenchers have a thicker pattern and might last longer with mixed use.

Next question:
Is it recommended to vent the proline tires? I noticed they're vented inside on the rim but I'm thinking about venting the outside of the tire.

PXL_20210519_204004408.MP.jpg

I ended up going with the Trenchers. I saw some badlands that were the same size and they looked good too, but the tread looks more aggressive for off road on the badlands. I think the Trenchers have a thicker pattern and might last longer with mixed use.

Next question:
Is it recommended to vent the proline tires? I noticed they're vented inside on the rim but I'm thinking about venting the outside of the tire.

View attachment 146730
Good choice. My son has some old trenchers on his slash and has LOTS of pavement time and they show little wear whereas my new senton tires are toast. He recently tore through the wheels they came on so I unglued them. There was so much sand inside of the tire it wasn’t funny. They were NOT vented on the outside. I’m installing them on some new wheels and will be venting the outside.

I would stay with short course tires on the original wheels. you can remove the old tires from the wheels by keeping them in acetone overnight, or buy a new set of wheels separately.

i've tried the pit bull rock beast and they are very good all around tires.
The new Pro-Line Icon tires looks to be a good all-arounder as well.

The stock tires are very good on grass and loose dirt, but they will wear quickly on a more firm surfaces.

these Duratrax Lockups have been nice. I used the hot racing 17 mm adapters.

Duratrax Lockup 1/8 C2 Mounted... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QJVFSM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

DEA3B38B-889A-445C-A582-74D5198240CE.jpeg

I went with these, they're pre-mounted and much softer and don't balloon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QJVFSM

I got the Hot Racing 17mm hex adapters
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...jSaWXFD22bjeTpqE9vLPn788TK6Q2-KoaAjmnEALw_wcB
Haha I think I took your advice in a previous thread see below.

Next question:

View attachment 146730
Great choice!<I just bought the exact same trenchers for my new Senton. Nearly the same size as stock. Always ran them on my losi 5T and they held up great!

Great choice!<I just bought the exact same trenchers for my new Senton. Nearly the same size as stock. Always ran them on my losi 5T and they held up great!
And yes, vent those trenchers, just got done venting my trenchers. Make sure you tape over the wheel holes to keep debris out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back