suggestions for tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver5

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Nero
Hi, I have a Nero and looking for a good set of tires for mainly off road use. I know the most common tires used are Trencher X, Badlands, Badlands MX38. I like the look of Trencher X and MX38 but both seem big and heavy. The regular Badlands look too narrow. Anyone use Mashers?

I hope everyone can give me their thoughts. Thanks.

I have the Trencher X's but run them on my Kraton and haven't mounted them on the Nero yet.
But, I can tell you they get MEGA grip and will balloon a lot. It's not too bad if you have the center diff locked or filled with thick oil to help with all the power unloading on the front wheels.

Also, I hear the stock Arrma Backflip tires are fantastic.

I just bought the Badlands MX38 and the Trenchers. The Badlands are really soft. Haven't received the Trencher yet.

My son tore up a set of pro-line trenchers. They ballooned really bad. One ripped. Then he ripped a couple of lugs off of the rest of the tires. He had the tires a week. I brought a set of Terrain crushers. Had them a few hours. The rim broke. The side walls are too short. I have a set of pro-line big Joe's. They still balloon. About as much as the stock tires.

Thanks for your opinions. I have decided to get some proline super swampers and tape the tires before glueing. I think that is the only way to stop them from ballooning

To bad the tires are so far behind the batteries , six cell lipos are pretty common now, to have to modify brand new tires to get that 6s power to the ground is just ridiculous. Don't even mention SRC to me they are just a lame ads outfit that didn't stand behind their product when there was a problem. Come on Proline or AKA give us something useable.

SRC are good but only for street use given the short side wall. I think proline needs to make tires that can handle 6s

SRC are good but only for street use given the short side wall. I think proline needs to make tires that can handle 6s
I bought a set of SRC terrain crushers that looked great but one wheel was defective and wobbled so bad I could not use it , I contacted SRC and they seemed like they were going to take of it I emailed some information that they lost I emailed three more times asking what they needed and never got a response until I sent them a email that was filled with #=$5/?/=##/? then they responded was this for a red rim ? I told them I didn't want anything anymore cause their tires and wheels were now part of the crawler course that I go to. Their product had potential but their customer service sucked. So waiting for a good company to make a useable tire right out of the bag.

I used a set of Losi Muggy wheels that I had laying around they don't balloon and they take a beaten it's hard to find them I started buying them new old stock. Wish they still made them.
20170313_045501.jpg

I have been looking at a set of losi tires like you have under the fazon. Did you ever try them on the fazon? I know they would balloon big time. But for grass and dirt?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back