Typhon Suggestions Mounting XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeppyjep

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 6s
Best place to mount XLX2 on stretched typhon ?
Running it with a 1721 but this esc is massive

0694304B-F07A-4D1A-9A4A-4EC522600820.jpeg

F3447CF1-3812-44AD-821C-C4183D954AA8.jpeg

I’m thinking like this

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220510-194851_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220510-194851_eBay.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 77
Motor mount flip an xlx2 will fit behind motor...here's my swb car with mm flip.

View attachment 262511
That’s what I’ll be looking at doing as well. Waiting for my 5670 to come in so I can dry fit everything and decide on final assembly. I will have carbon skirts on
the chassis so I’ll have a little extra real estate to play with. I took your advice and flipped the mount, I agree it’s the best possible setup on a non-stretched Typhon. I was also looking at doing a carbon top deck but I’ve decided against it. I’m trying to keep the build as lean and clean as possible. After you suggested I flip the motor mount I did it and took measurements and it’s exactly 102mm from the face of the motor mount. Talk about tight clearances, I literally don’t have a single mm to spare!

That’s what I’ll be looking at doing as well. Waiting for my 5670 to come in so I can dry fit everything and decide on final assembly. I will have carbon skirts on
the chassis so I’ll have a little extra real estate to play with. I took your advice and flipped the mount, I agree it’s the best possible setup on a non-stretched Typhon. I was also looking at doing a carbon top deck but I’ve decided against it. I’m trying to keep the build as lean and clean as possible. After you suggested I flip the motor mount I did it and took measurements and it’s exactly 102mm from the face of the motor mount. Talk about tight clearances, I literally don’t have a single mm to spare!
Yes,barely fits..

20221129_144127.jpg

I believe this canted mount (Not my design) will give you the needed room you want on your typhon..

View attachment 262769

View attachment 262770

Original Designer here >
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5382952
That’s a cool mount! Hadn’t seen that before.
Damn, I guess it barely fits! I’ll have to contend with a sensor wire coming out of the back of the can, too. That’ll probably end up under the Ackerman plate, I’m guessing. I may have to resort to my tag line…

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm using that same Ebay mount for a Senton 8S build I've been working on. Its a good mount because it does work but it has some drawbacks. It's a tight fit...so tight that I could only get 3 of the 4 bottom mounting screws in place. At the base of the mount it has 4 screws that use the normal ESC mount holes but because the nuts that hold the screws in place tend to pop out I could only get 3 attached. The 4th screw closer to the servo is impossible to get to. Another problem is once installed changing the center gear takes a lot of work because you have to remove the entire mount to get the gear out. The mount covers the front dog bone and there's no way except for removing the mount to change your center gear. Removing the mount isn't too bad but getting it back in is tough. Other than that I'd recommend it simply because it does what it was meant to do which is allow you to mount an XLX2 on the SWB chassis. A Typhon body may fit also. I'm using a Senton body and had plenty of room.

@chris adams has a nice Typhon build where he made a his own XLX2 mount. I'd prefer something like his since its looks easier to remove and replace for diff changes. I suggested he make them and sell them...I'm hoping he does soon. Here's a link to his build: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-6s-build.57127/

Here are some pics of mine (please excuse the shoddy wire management...I'm learning as I go):
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1da.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1dc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1db.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1dd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1e8.jpg

I'm using that same Ebay mount for a Senton 8S build I've been working on. Its a good mount because it does work but it has some drawbacks. It's a tight fit...so tight that I could only get 3 of the 4 bottom mounting screws in place. At the base of the mount it has 4 screws that use the normal ESC mount holes but because the nuts that hold the screws in place tend to pop out I could only get 3 attached. The 4th screw closer to the servo is impossible to get to. Another problem is once installed changing the center gear takes a lot of work because you have to remove the entire mount to get the gear out. The mount covers the front dog bone and there's no way except for removing the mount to change your center gear. Removing the mount isn't too bad but getting it back in is tough. Other than that I'd recommend it simply because it does what it was meant to do which is allow you to mount an XLX2 on the SWB chassis. A Typhon body may fit also. I'm using a Senton body and had plenty of room.

@chris adams has a nice Typhon build where he made a his own XLX2 mount. I'd prefer something like his since its looks easier to remove and replace for diff changes. I suggested he make them and sell them...I'm hoping he does soon. Here's a link to his build: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/typhon-6s-build.57127/

Here are some pics of mine (please excuse the shoddy wire management...I'm learning as I go):
View attachment 262782

View attachment 262783

View attachment 262784

View attachment 262785

View attachment 262786
NOW THATS MY KIND OF SENTON 6S!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW THATS MY KIND OF SENTON 6S!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate the compliment…especially coming from you. You’re one of the guys I study. The way you move things around on the SWB is incredible. I wanna get that good one day.

Appreciate the compliment…especially coming from you. You’re one of the guys I study. The way you move things around on the SWB is incredible. I wanna get that good one day.
Appreciate it man,usely just stuff it where ever it'll fit..😆😅🤣😂.anytime I see pics of your rides I'm always impressed an would love to see some of your rides in action...

Appreciate it man,usely just stuff it where ever it'll fit..😆😅🤣😂.anytime I see pics of your rides I'm always impressed an would love to see some of your rides in action...
I gotta invest in a GoPro...more money to spend I guess.

Damn, I guess it barely fits! I’ll have to contend with a sensor wire coming out of the back of the can, too. That’ll probably end up under the Ackerman plate, I’m guessing. I may have to resort to my tag line…
Yes, you'll have a sensor wire coming off the back, but the main power leads actually come off the side of the sensored 5670.
1671137715473.png

Yes, you'll have a sensor wire coming off the back, but the main power leads actually come off the side of the sensored 5670.
View attachment 262818
Ya that might be a problem with swb cars...with 3 motor mount clocking options,well only 2 cause 1 would put the motor leads at down by
center shaft..maybe this could help figure out if leads clocked to the right will work or not.looks like 5660 an 5670 bothe have same wiring positions.

16711430970209113026724408723779.jpg

16711431728835971505456241175643.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back