Typhon Suggestions Mounting XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya that might be a problem with swb cars...with 3 motor mount clocking options,well only 2 cause 1 would put the motor leads at down by
center shaft..maybe this could help figure out if leads clocked to the right will work or not.looks like 5660 an 5670 bothe have same wiring positions.

View attachment 262830

View attachment 262831
Yeah, but on the sensored motors the main leads come out of the side of the can, not the end like these.

@Jeppyjep I would make sure it's secure,cause I've ripped leads an motor ports out of xlx2s from crashing...if running qs8 you must make sure packs are secure also cause if pack gos flying qs8s will ripp leads outa esc quik...xlx2 gos flying it'll yank leads...$hitty way to loss an xlx2..esc an packs where both secure in this crash.still yanked a lead..I've done aleast 3 this way...I'd mount it to chassis if possible..
@Jeppyjep I would make sure it's secure,cause I've ripped leads an motor ports out of xlx2s from crashing...if running qs8 you must make sure packs are secure also cause if pack gos flying qs8s will ripp leads outa esc quik...xlx2 gos flying it'll yank leads...$hitty way to loss an xlx2..esc an packs where both secure in this crash.still yanked a lead..I've done aleast 3 this way...I'd mount it to chassis if possible..
After watching video esc did come loose,,2 screws through chassis into bottom of esc sheered..snapped 4×4 post in half on impact..believe it or not I'm still running this chassis.162 mph with it..lol

Last edited:
Here's my mount I made. It definitely requires 90⁰ bullets and a fan isn't an option on the typhon with this. Two bolts through the chassis that need countersunk. I did manage two get two screws through the mount into the xlx2. It's very solid. Survived quit a few bad crashes plus I normally pick the typhon up by the ESC lol.
Some how my pattern disappeared at work so I need to make another one and try to pre drill the holes for the esc to mount to it.

20220801_053935.jpg

20220801_053901.jpg

20220801_191146.jpg

20220801_220600.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back