Kraton Suggestions on upgraded front and rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarryMolloy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
with all my new upgrades to the Kraton 6s v.4, I feel I need upgraded shock springs front and rear due to the extra weight. Anyone have suggestions and links for the front and rear 85mm, 95mm. Thanks for the help

Stock weight without battery is 10lbs, 11oz. What upgrades did you do to increase your weight drastically enough?
Usually shock preload and oil thickening can achieve firm enough dampening/shock pack. The v4 springs I believe are the firmest of all versions Arrma offered. And even used on the EXB roller. My Kraton is stilll using stock springs with much alloy upgrades but still stock chassis. And only running a 6s setup. You running 8S??
85mm springs are 6.2 pound springs. 95mm springs are 5. pounds. Try adjusting droop to get more shock travel. Adjust shock preload.( tensioning springs more) Thicken your oil (increases shock pack) in addition to using a set of smaller holed (front) shock pistons in the rear shocks. There should be an extra set of shock pistons and also blank pistons to custom drill out that were included with the Kraton. I did this.
I never looked into or felt I needed stiffer spring replacements. I don't see any stiffer springs that Arrma offers.:cool:

Stock weight without battery is 10lbs, 11oz. What upgrades did you do to increase your weight drastically enough?
Usually shock preload and oil thickening can achieve firm enough dampening/shock pack. The v4 springs I believe are the firmest of all versions Arrma offered. And even used on the EXB roller. My Kraton is stilll using stock springs with much alloy upgrades but still stock chassis. And only running a 6s setup. You running 8S??
85mm springs are 6.2 pound springs. 95mm springs are 5. pounds. Try adjusting droop to get more shock travel. Adjust shock preload.( tensioning springs more) Thicken your oil (increases shock pack) in addition to using a set of smaller holed (front) shock pistons in the rear shocks. There should be an extra set of shock pistons and also blank pistons to custom drill out that were included with the Kraton. I did this.
I never looked into or felt I needed stiffer spring replacements. I don't see any stiffer springs that Arrma offers.:cool:
Hello mr,

Old thread, but Im in the same situation. I do have some aluminium upgrade, such as m2c chassis, bracers, towers and some other stuff. Also max6/1650 combo.

I've tried oil from 60wt to 100wt, adjust preload and so on. When I driving, its okey... The problem is that the car bounces way too much while jump-landing.

The only thing i haven't tried is custom pistons. What setup do you think is best with custom pistons/oil? Size of holes, how many holes and oil wt? The cars weight is almost 1kg heavier than stock V4.

Greetings

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back