Granite Sunday Morning Bash!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
Just freshened up my Granite. New chassis, new rpm arms front/back (old ones bent like a banana?), and new 4s wing/wheelie bar combo. Also slapped one of my newer bodies and the stock BR rims/tires on there! Decided to try out this local skate park for a Sunday morning bash!?‍♂️ Had a ball, but there was damage. On my second 3s pack I lost steering completely. Got it home a took everything apart. The gears started to come through the top of servo!? Then I noticed I snapped another slipper hub. Gotta be from impact! I was getting some big air, back flips, and chassis slapping pretty hard. Asphalt isn’t very forgiving!? Had some fun anyway, time to order some parts! I wonder if they make a skid plate for the Granite? I’ll really did some damage to the bottom of the chassis.
E5D14746-0229-4673-91E6-673E4437CB58.jpeg
C2AF885C-5E89-4D78-AA0F-54EC7B072826.jpeg
DBD55B64-821E-480D-9589-3FFBF0FA7F1E.jpeg

Just freshened up my Granite. New chassis, new rpm arms front/back (old ones bent like a banana?), and new 4s wing/wheelie bar combo. Also slapped one of my newer bodies and the stock BR rims/tires on there! Decided to try out this local skate park for a Sunday morning bash!?‍♂️ Had a ball, but there was damage. On my second 3s pack I lost steering completely. Got it home a took everything apart. The gears started to come through the top of servo!? Then I noticed I snapped another slipper hub. Gotta be from impact! I was getting some big air, back flips, and chassis slapping pretty hard. Asphalt isn’t very forgiving!? Had some fun anyway, time to order some parts! I wonder if they make a skid plate for the Granite? I’ll really did some damage to the bottom of the chassis. View attachment 89236View attachment 89237View attachment 89238
Sounds like you had fun. Did you take pics of the carnage ?

Sounds like you had fun. Did you take pics of the carnage ?
F34E5D67-E57F-4D44-A403-317A680298DF.jpeg
27C18CDF-120D-40B2-BDDC-37C10F0482C9.jpeg
D3F367EE-31F2-4E05-867B-5D3B17C70B7A.jpeg
F0DF3AC6-681F-4AF4-B60A-0382A61AB35C.jpeg

Servo is locked up tight!
It was so fresh and so clean. Well, I didn’t buy them for decorations! Gotta have some fun!

Im avoiding the skate parks for now as I’m trying to sell my K4S. But when the K6EXB arrives, I might dabble.
Keeping my Outcast 6s outta the skate park for now. Just dropped a ton of money upgrading.

I’m thinking of running a heavier weight shock oil in my Typhon shocks. Maybe a 90wt or 100wt will keep the chassis from slapping so easily. I’m running 70wt now!?‍♂️

I’m thinking of running a heavier weight shock oil in my Typhon shocks. Maybe a 90wt or 100wt will keep the chassis from slapping so easily. I’m running 70wt now!?‍♂️
I went to 80W and it still slaps. But I realized if it doesn’t slap, towers or shock rods break. ✌?

Took my Granite to the local skate park and quickly discovered it's far too small and enclosed to have any fun in. Can't come off a jump without crashing into something because it's so tight.

Took my Granite to the local skate park and quickly discovered it's far too small and enclosed to have any fun in. Can't come off a jump without crashing into something because it's so tight.
I'm not gonna say I didn't do any crashing. I went real early before the crowds arrived. I actually have two skate parks pretty close to home. Definitely takes some getting use to, can do some real damage if you aren't careful! :p

Hit another skate park for a Saturday evening bash! Took the BR 4s this time! This place was built in 1973? and looks just as good as it did when I was a kid! The county took it over several years ago and fixed it back up. Took it easy this time, still waiting on parts for the Granite from Sunday’s bashing? I’ll be back out early tomorrow with the Granite ??
BC14D836-6B87-4394-A75E-7BE4B7DEED92.jpeg
CDC4CB24-C437-483D-929A-8EB3ED4A3490.jpeg
D883D81A-4804-479C-AF0D-9A251F99A46B.jpeg

new rpm arms front/back (old ones bent like a banana?
The RPM arms bend over time. You don't need new ones. Boil some water. Once boiling remove from heat. Put the RPM arms in the hot water. Let them sit a few minutes. Take them out (carefully) and bend them back into shape. Good as new (actually better than new, boiling process makes them stronger)

The RPM arms bend over time. You don't need new ones. Boil some water. Once boiling remove from heat. Put the RPM arms in the hot water. Let them sit a few minutes. Take them out (carefully) and bend them back into shape. Good as new (actually better than new, boiling process makes them stronger)
That’s what I’ve been told. Had a new set sitting in the parts box. Hinge pins where popping during landings too!? Tried this mod on the old set??
CCD68F52-D55F-4360-B7D8-E956BD9AAA05.jpeg
94F10519-C8C0-4DAC-99B4-8C2EA28A37A6.jpeg

Back out this morning at the skate park with the Granite! Broke the rear CVD on the first pack. Ran home with a coffee for the wife slapped a new one on and headed back! At the the end of the second pack the slipper came loose, so I shut it down. I’ve got a loose slipper real hot before and melted everything!? Ran the stock servo and it held up?? Not fast, but didn’t lock up! Enjoy, it’s going to be a hot one!
65F14D8C-F71E-4C09-9D59-2A491A7CDDA4.jpeg
46EEBF7F-3642-4BCE-8353-D4345C75B365.jpeg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back