Surpass rocket cooling fans anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandracer_NL

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
So now I got two 50x50mm Hobbywing (HW) cooling fans installed. Why? Because I ordered a HW Heatsink cooling fan combo, which took too long to be delivered (was impatient I know) and bought another combo. Last week I decided to add the second one because it was just lying around. Although two 50x50mm fans look impressive, they only do max 5.300 rpm each according to the specs I found and airflow is a bit weak when I put my hand to the fans.
A bit of research let me to Surpass rocket fans which run on 5v-7,4v and do 16.000 rpm in 40x40mm or 28.000 rpm in 30x30. I got a 150A esc 6v, so I’m not sure how much rpm gain I would see if I would use a small separate lipo. I’m considering getting two 40x40mm or four 30x30mm; the latter would lenghtwise cover the entire heatsink (60mm), and in the width stick out 10mm on each side (not a problem right?).
Does anyone have any ideas / experience on the Surpass rocket fans? On paper the rpm gain looks very impressive and they are not very expensive either.

I've had 1 in my 3s senton? the fan has always done well ?

ran into someone on the forum who has 2 on 8v and have been doing it for a year.

now try something yourself and make a 12v fan system ?
the idea is still there the implementation

Im the dummy running the two on 8.4v. They are great. Want to complicate your car and have wires and stuff all over the place run a 12v system like all the smart guys...

I think it's in Google translation ? because that's not what I meant at all ?
only did not remember where I met you ?.
but I was indeed talking about you?only good thinks? buy i wonder how you got 8.4v? to your fans??

Im the dummy running the two on 8.4v. They are great.
Are you using a seperate 2s lipo for the fans are run them directly from your main battery?
If you are running a separate 2s lipo how much Mah does it have and how long can you run the two fans approximately?
I should have more attention in physics class and probably are going to ask a stupid newbie question:
If I run two fans and use a Y-cable directly from a 2s lipo, do both fans get the 7.4v or only half? And in case of four fans, can I use one Y-cable to connect two fans, do the same for fans 3 and 4 and then connect the two Y- cables to a third Y- cable and run that one directly to a separate 2s lipo; still following me?.:rolleyes: or woudl the fans get less than the 7.4v each?.
I have no soldering device and if that would work I would quite some cables but would be easy to disconnect In case I want to change something later.

Lol je bent gewoon Nederlands ?maar vraag me ook af hoe hij het doet ?
En die fans zijn wel goed ?had ik bij Ali express besteld ?
Je kan het trouwens ook aansluiten op je balance port ?dan heb je meteen 12v
Want zo ga ik het ook doen..

But back to englisch before they all get mad?because they don't understant ?

I’m using 2 surpass rocket on my Typhon @ 7.4v . They move a lot of air! Had to file one side of each fan though because the housing is a bit bigger than traditional fan and they wouldn’t fit side by side.

Are you using a seperate 2s lipo for the fans are run them directly from your main battery?
If you are running a separate 2s lipo how much Mah does it have and how long can you run the two fans approximately?
I should have more attention in physics class and probably are going to ask a stupid newbie question:
If I run two fans and use a Y-cable directly from a 2s lipo, do both fans get the 7.4v or only half? And in case of four fans, can I use one Y-cable to connect two fans, do the same for fans 3 and 4 and then connect the two Y- cables to a third Y- cable and run that one directly to a separate 2s lipo; still following me?.:rolleyes: or woudl the fans get less than the 7.4v each?.
I have no soldering device and if that would work I would quite some cables but would be easy to disconnect In case I want to change something later.
No need for another lipo. I just run a wire to the receiver and plug it in, set my esc for 8.4, easy peasy. I’m hardly the fan expert around here, best to gear the car properly so you don’t even need them. I use them on a couple motors but my 6s rigs with stock electrics I do not. It just one more thing to go wrong...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back