Suspension arm spacers / shims composite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I've searched for an answer here and have seen some ideas. Has there ever been a definitive answer of best practice to replace the "e-clip" type suspension arm composite spacers? They get lost and I want to finish installing shock towers today. I'm going up to Home Depot to buy some washers but if you guys have a best solution I'll do something else and return what I buy. It's convenient to be able to remove and replace without pulling the pins but will do what I have to do.

I was going to say that I used #6 washers, getting them in the upper hinge pins can be a b***h though.
I can see how it can be a pita. I'll test my patience when I get home.
I read somewhere here about using true e-clips but I think they'd be tough too.
I just can't see buying a spec set of the stock composite for $11 that'll end up lost anyway. I paid under $4 for 100ea #6 washers and I wont have to wait.

Since I changed out my front shock tower and rear front upper hinge pin mount I haven't lost a single clip. The Voltage Hobbies front shock tower has grub screws that hold the pins in.

Since I changed out my front shock tower and rear front upper hinge pin mount I haven't lost a single clip. The Voltage Hobbies front shock tower has grub screws that hold the pins in.
Voltage I have and do like the grub screw included. This is the first set of shock towers I've replaced / upgraded.
There was so much slop in the upper arm though after semi-install that I couldn't continue. Had to go buy some spacers. I know I'm preaching to the choir but I bet some of these Arrma spacer clips included in the parts bag would be so much more appreciated than all the shock "pistons" included.

I've searched for an answer here and have seen some ideas. Has there ever been a definitive answer of best practice to replace the "e-clip" type suspension arm composite spacers? They get lost and I want to finish installing shock towers today. I'm going up to Home Depot to buy some washers but if you guys have a best solution I'll do something else and return what I buy. It's convenient to be able to remove and replace without pulling the pins but will do what I have to do.

View attachment 40075
You could find the correct size of these and if they are not thick enough, stack them.
https://www.amazon.com/Insulated-Co...eway&sprefix=electrical+crimp,aps,161&sr=8-18
Cut the part where the wire goes and leave it long enough for a handle. You could also get the solid round ones and they would not fall off.

I found some plastic shock spacers leftover from my Tekno build that fit perfectly. You can see them at the back of the upper arms. They seem to work better because of the smaller diameter. There is less friction between the parts.

Attachments

• IMG_20190604_203618.jpg
    IMG_20190604_203618.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 114
@crimsonfancy - I am going to home depot so and was just wondering how these worked out for you instead of the arrma shims?
I just installed some this morning. It’s kinda a pain but not to bad if you have some needle nose,tweezers or hemostates

I just installed some this morning. It’s kinda a pain but not to bad if you have some needle nose,tweezers or hemostates
I had the same experience, that is why I bought the Nero composite spacer set, so much easier to get in there than washers. But the washers are cheap af so it is a toss up.

@crimsonfancy - I am going to home depot so and was just wondering how these worked out for you instead of the arrma shims?
Sorry I was slow to answer but they work perfect for me. I prefer them over stock because I lose the plastic ones and these fit just right. They take more to get on but once they're in, good to go. Plus, feels like an endless supply for $4.50 /100 pack.

Many thanks for all of your help -crimsonfancy / Outcastblxnut / slick2500 and bicketybam - you guys rock? ? ?.. I got in my needle nose pliers, and picked up my # 6 Everblit washers from the depot but I also installed some ARRMA shims!! Here is a shot which now my New RPM A-arms that I installed for my #6s #Notorious no longer wiggle or wobble..

1589720350024.png

1589720368939.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back