Suspension arms loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drtybird

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was going through tekno parts list and I seen these bushings. My front arms have play and wondered if any one has tried them? They are 4mm so stock pins will work and they can be changed
Screenshot_20181101-234004.png

I learned recently while racing you want some play to avoid breakage and it makes the suspension move easier And gives more grip

How much play are you talking, I had used shims to tighten my arms then the pros had me take them back out at the track

Apparently what I thought was top Much play was perfect

The uppers are really loose,I have been looking at buying some rpm.i don't mind the play but it's worse than that

The uppers requires shims, without them just the a arm there is like a 5mm gap.

I used mugen seiki spacers

ah then I would just replace the arms and be done with it opposed to trying to fix those and it maybe not work as well

I have only about 45 min run on it, my GF daughter broke steering servo, so I'm waiting on parts and looking at ways to fix something not broke yet

its hard for me to help without being there and seeing it in person. I would be glad to help if you if you made a decent video that shows the problem.

those bushing you link go in the metal arm mounts not in the arms. I think the thickness of them would be too much material to drill out of the a arms.

My Kraton has a good bit of play in the front top arms. I think it is worse than it was when new. After all it has been through, such a heavy car, cartwheeling, lawn darting, hitting stuff, I think the holes get a little egg shaped. If those bushings work out let us know.

my front uppers are super loose left to right...I put ss washers in them to keep it to a minimum... You have to stay on top of these trucks if you are rough on them. My 6 year old son likes to abuse my outcast...You just fix it as it breaks... Banggood has cheap servos for $14 that are pretty much bullet proof in my experience... I stripped the stock servo in less than a week. The one I run in my Talion and outcast now is a ( JN servo 6221MG) on banggood...Its the deal!

my front uppers are super loose left to right...I put ss washers in them to keep it to a minimum... You have to stay on top of these trucks if you are rough on them. My 6 year old son likes to abuse my outcast...You just fix it as it breaks... Banggood has cheap servos for $14 that are pretty much bullet proof in my experience... I stripped the stock servo in less than a week. The one I run in my Talion and outcast now is a ( JN servo 6221MG) on banggood...Its the deal!

JX PDI-6221MG

If you don't mind the slow boat from China, you can get a 4 pack for $39.99US https://www.banggood.com/4X-JX-PDI-...=detail-top-buytogether-auto&cur_warehouse=CN

lol...yeah...I just didnt think I would break 2... They are strong....The only reason I even hurt my current one is because my battery came out of box and wedged between servo and tower....I thought I broke the servo so never checked it and ran it for a few minutes with a poopy left turn like an idiot.... It is still working but not for the Arrma...Had to put in my little Traxxas...

RPM will be the same..the upper front are tereible..11 packs and more play then stock..the lower feont and rear are a bit better, thats it.

And allways better with play then bind, and this aint track ?..i have like active wheelbase and caster due to ma play..so?..it works like a charm. I wouldnt spend to much on it buddy

What about drilling out the arms and installing a set of these bushings? Have been told they are for metal arms but the PDF looked like plastic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181101-234004.png
    Screenshot_20181101-234004.png
    357.1 KB · Views: 46
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back