Suspension help for softer landings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baloyi2212

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have been doing a lot of jumps at skate parks etc with my granite but I’m looking to have softer landings.

As I’m in the Uk really struggling to get upgraded shocks at the moment they are weeks away from china or US. Is there anything I can do with the standard shocks thicker oil or setup?? Pretty new to RC and don’t know a lot about shocks . I’ve done lots of upgrades and all have gone pretty well so far.

thanks in advance ??

Go thicker oil and up the spring rates. Adjust the shock preload by adjusting the spring collars or spacers.( compressing the spring more)
There is no such thing as soft landing at a cement skate park. Period. Chassis slap will always happen. No matter what. :cool:
Dirt BMX tracks are better suited for Bashing IMHO. But to each his own.

Go thicker oil and up the spring rates. Adjust the shock preload by adjusting the spring collars or spacers.( compressing the spring more)
There is no such thing as soft landing at a cement skate park. Period. Chassis slap will always happen. No matter what. :cool:
Dirt BMX tracks are better suited for Bashing IMHO. But to each his own.
Cool cheers for that I kind thought that would be the case ?? Yeah had some good slap today ??don’t know how I didn’t break anything ?? More luck than anything !!! Thanks for you help ??

Honestly, if you are getting chassis slap, for the most part you are landing "Good" and on all 4's. (y) :LOL:

But landing on cement repetitively will destroy any RC fast. Choose your own poison.

Last edited:
I went 70w (900 cSt) in the front and 60w (800 cSt) in the rear for my Typhon 3s after a shock rebuild. Stock weights for the 3s line are 40w (500 cSt)

After this and replacing the stock o-rings (they leak a lot with the stock o-rings) I used extra preload spacers too. When adjusting your shocks, make sure to have your battery in to set the ride height you want

I found this setup to be better for smoother surfaces and big jumps. It helps the car roll over less too. You'll always have a bit of chassis slap but it does make it a little less often ?

But landing on cement repetitively will destroy any RC fast. Choose your own poison.
Its actually called concrete. Cement is just the powder...concrete is the cement, rocks, sand and any chemical additives. (Sorry...I drive a concrete mixer) ?

I went 70w (900 cSt) in the front and 60w (800 cSt) in the rear for my Typhon 3s after a shock rebuild. Stock weights for the 3s line are 40w (500 cSt)

After this and replacing the stock o-rings (they leak a lot with the stock o-rings) I used extra preload spacers too. When adjusting your shocks, make sure to have your battery in to set the ride height you want

I found this setup to be better for smoother surfaces and big jumps. It helps the car roll over less too. You'll always have a bit of chassis slap but it does make it a little less often ?
Excellent thanks for that what I rings did you use??

Excellent thanks for that what I rings did you use??
I used these 2.6x7 o-rings from Amazon, two or three in each shock with one or two stock o-rings in between, whichever fits in the cartridge https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcing-m...ld=1&keywords=2.6x7x2.2&qid=1595965445&sr=8-1

They fit slightly tight in there so they create a little bit of stiction, but with decent o-ring grease (such as green slime or Slick Honey grease that I used) and some extra spring preload spacers they work perfectly

Others have replaced the stock o-rings with Traxxas blue o-rings with success too. I'm unsure of the part number for these but it may be TRX2361

Its actually called concrete. Cement is just the powder...concrete is the cement, rocks, sand and any chemical additives. (Sorry...I drive a concrete mixer) ?
I used these 2.6x7 o-rings from Amazon, two or three in each shock with one or two stock o-rings in between, whichever fits in the cartridge https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcing-m...ld=1&keywords=2.6x7x2.2&qid=1595965445&sr=8-1

They fit slightly tight in there so they create a little bit of stiction, but with decent o-ring grease (such as green slime or Slick Honey grease that I used) and some extra spring preload spacers they work perfectly

Others have replaced the stock o-rings with Traxxas blue o-rings with success too. I'm unsure of the part number for these but it may be TRX2361
Thats great thanks for your help??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back