suspension problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
When I land a big jump on all fours the rear pops up and I usually end up flipping over. Do you know why this happens?

You could try some heavier shock oil in the rear or lighter in the front. The heavier shock oil in the rear will cause the rear to react slower. The lighter shock oil in the front will cause the front to react faster, hopefully keeping up with the rear so they spring equally. Maybe try backing off on your spring setting in rear too. Some people say the spring settings only adjust ride height but others say they affect the preload of the shock, causing more or less bounce. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. Good luck regardless!

I have the same problem. I constantly ending up on my roof after a jump. Has anyone setup there suspension so their nero can handle jumps?

You could try some heavier shock oil in the rear or lighter in the front. The heavier shock oil in the rear will cause the rear to react slower. The lighter shock oil in the front will cause the front to react faster, hopefully keeping up with the rear so they spring equally. Maybe try backing off on your spring setting in rear too. Some people say the spring settings only adjust ride height but others say they affect the preload of the shock, causing more or less bounce. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in. Good luck regardless!
I'll try this, I fixed the bottoming out problem but now there's this. I went through this with my slash too so I'll post how to fix it when I figure it out.

I'll try this, I fixed the bottoming out problem but now there's this. I went through this with my slash too so I'll post how to fix it when I figure it out.
That would be great. Thanks and good luck.

Put the spring force a little less and change the rings in the rear shocks.
You have get some plastic rings with the BR in an plastic bag.
You can also change the spring supporter to some from Hobao. They will fit, but they are longer and they gives you more space below the car within a longer way adjustment for the spring force.
You can also put more spring force to the front axle, that the suspension can't move to far.

And for sure, put the battery in max backward position.
But mainly the BR is a little heavier on the top area and that is working against a good balance.
The normal Nero have an much lighter body and jumps a little better out of the box.
Next point are the Wheels, Nero (blue) wheels are wider and a little heaver than wheels from the BR.
I had changed yesterday to Proline Big Joe II with offset. This wheels are close to the dimensions from "normal" Nero wheels.
Maybe a little wider...
Will see what happens now; but it´s raining the hole day.

Does anybody have an idea to put 24mm hex wheel hubs on the Nero?
I want to mount 1:5 bead lock wheels from HPI on the Nero.....

Regards,
lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back