Suspension rocker post upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes thats the spray i used, got mine at walmart. Ill be honest most of the strength comes from the drywall tape and the shoo-goo. I did the work in stages, all I noticed after I added the rubberized coating was how much heavier the body was. The rubber spray is heavy!

If you add the wheely bar it will not use the rear of the body to keep the truck from flipping over.

Hi guys.. I got myself the metal rocker posts from hot racing PN RVO2706 these are 7$ for a pack of 4 (you need 1pack only) these are meant for the E revo but fits all nero based. I got the Fazon.. I would recommend it strongly to eliminate its issues once and for all.

Attachments

• IMG_8059.JPG
    IMG_8059.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 54
@mansour545 Do you need to do anything special or is it the same threads and all that jazz?

Sorry I kinda miss understood you for a minute..

yes you need to drill the holes as the thread on arrma part is M5 and the erevo part is M6 thread (wider)

I ordered the hot racing rockers too will let you know when I get them on

Last edited:
Sorry I kinda miss understood you for a minute..

Yeah same exact thread nothing extra needed.. you can use the same screws in them..

I ordered the hot racing rockers too will let you know when I get them on
Well I went ahead and installed the traxxas revo rocker posts.
View attachment 5274
Used 13/64 drill bit to enlarge the hole
Used the 4-way wrench to install the new rocker post. The threads for the 4mm screw are not as deep on the traxxas parts. I believe this is the secret on why they don't snap off like the ARRMA parts. You also need to use a shorter 4mm screw on the top bearing. I used traxxas sealed bearings and screws to complete my install.
View attachment 5275
I can't notice any difference between ARRMA or the Traxxas REVO parts. Front is smonth rear is a little sticky exactly like the truck was before. The rockers move very smooth. Now I can go back ton running the NERO.

I have taken measurements all over again because I already ordered the hot racing erevo steel posts and want to make sure that everything will go right..

Other than enlarging the holes.. will I have to do anything extra to install them on? I saw you said that a shorter screw should be used.. and you used the traxxas bearings but the original bearings can be used too right ?

And for the shorter screw I might just use a couple of washers on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back