Suspension sagging help after M2C upgrades!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Napster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have a Typhon 6s V5 that I recently upgraded to a M2C chassis, and shock towers. Plus I added Arrma EXB chassis braces. The added weight seems to have caused major slop/sag. Is this normal? Should I add stiffer springs, or thicker shock oil? The rear end is almost on the ground.

Last edited:
Please clarify.
Above you are saying you added the M2C chassis and shock towers PLUS added the EXB chassis chassis.????????? I don't want to assume anything here.
Better reread what you just posted.
Doubled up the 2 chassis and you are heavy? You answered your own question or communicated poorly to begin with?? IDK. Which is it?
Did you adjust shock preload?? Either way? Adding M2C upgrades always makes the rig heavier.
How is the droop settings of all your shocks.
If you don't know what these settings are, search around. Common sense says you need stiffer springs for VERY heavy weight. Preload adjustments can compensate up to a point. Thicker shock OIL does nothing for ride height. How would it?

Please clarify.
Above you are saying you added the M2C chassis and shock towers PLUS added the EXB chassis chassis.????????? I don't want to assume anything here.
Better reread what you just posted.
Doubled up the 2 chassis and you are heavy? You answered your own question or communicated poorly to begin with?? IDK. Which is it?
Did you adjust shock preload?? Either way? Adding M2C upgrades always makes the rig heavier.
How is the droop settings of all your shocks.
If you don't know what these settings are, search around. Common sense says you need stiffer springs for VERY heavy weight. Preload adjustments can compensate up to a point. Thicker shock OIL does nothing for ride height. How would it?
EXB chassis braces, I edited the post. By shock preload do you mean the coil over adjustment? I screwed it down to stiffen up the spring, but that didn't help at all. I and a noob to RCs, but have built cars for years.

You can buy stiffer springs as option parts. Go to ArrmaRc.com and look up your rig and go to option parts. Upgrading to thicker 7075 alloys does add much weight. M2C chassis and braces and towers are much heavier. Going with 8s ESC's, Motors and 8S lipo makes it even more heavier. That rig is sprung for a 6s stock setup as a roller out the box, IMHO.

That's what I thought, but it only added 8oz which is not that much. I plan on going to Hobby Town to see if I can buy some local.

1/2 pound of sprung weight is more than you think it is. Definitely enough to the point that shock preload cant compensate as you stated?
Arms roughly level to the ground is normal FWIW. I don't know how low you actually are.
How High do you want it to be? These are not Monster trucks. And they are designed to bottom out so the chassis does slap the ground. This prevents damage as bashers go.
Using 8s gear in it? More weight. Send pictures to explain better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back