Suspension setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blxer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello, everyone!
Thought I'd start a thread for suspension setups. I'll go first!

Arrma granite blx.
Arrma stock shocks.
Arrma springs front/back. (painted florescent green)
Associated 42.5 shock oil front/back.
Outer shock mount hole, a arm front.
Outer shock mount hole, a arm rear.
Top of all shocks, mounted stock. Only one mounting position for shocks on shock towers.
8mm & 2mm shock spacer on both rear shocks.
2mm shock spacer on both front shocks.

I run on bumpy, grassy, and hilly terrain.

Okay, what's your suspension setup on your arrma rc?

Last edited:
Arrma Granite

DEWC210 Suspension + Bigbore on all 4 corners

AE40 oil on all 4 corners

Front

Middle on tower
Middle on arm
Upper link - inner (hub)
stock Durango rear spring

Rear

Middle on arm
Upper link - 2nd from inner (hub)
SST racing silver spring

Last edited:
75mm Fastrax aluminum shocks front with default Arrma springs, 95mm Fastrax aluminum shock aft with Fastrax (red) hard springs.

A huge difference in performance!
Where did you pick up your suspension? Also was there any modding need to change the suspension?

Only available in the Netherlands and the UK (Europe), and unfortunately quite bad concerning availability. I am waiting for months for a second pair of 75mm shocks :(

A pity since they are a direct replacement: no modding necessary!!!

A few members - among other myself - here are looking for an replacement.

There is a thread about this, but mixed successes. Check out the suspension sub-forum > http://arrmaforum.com/threads/affordable-1-10-scale-aluminium-shock-upgrade.67/

The problem is that Arrma chose a buggy style suspension for all 1/10 cars.

Where the average 1/10 SCT has front 100mm (pitch distance between the two fixation points centers) and 110mm aft.

Armma chose 78mm front, 98mm aft.

So my idea is to look for buggy suspension, probably from Durango.

Unfortunately almost no supplier gives this dimensions. Just this is suitable for this and that car :(

Shorter is possible, longer might give problems with the dog bones I the drive cups aft. Front the steering might get stuck.

Only available in the Netherlands and the UK (Europe), and unfortunately quite bad concerning availability. I am waiting for months for a second pair of 75mm shocks :(

A pity since they are a direct replacement: no modding necessary!!!
That really sucks! Hope they come in soon for you

I am hoping that I can go to the local off-road track, and take my calipers to do some measurements in the 2wd and 4wd 1/10 buggy pit lane.
There must be a suitable set out there. Since the announced, but never brought to the market Arrma hop-up suspension seem to be modified Team Durango big bores, I think I would find a successful replacement there. But they simply do not state the dimensions of those things on their website.

Integy makes 78 and 98mm replacements. I picked up 2 sets from eBay for under $20 shipped. I will have them in hand tomorrow and will post pics of any mods required
Screenshot_2016-01-16-17-13-06.png

Integy makes 78 and 98mm replacements. I picked up 2 sets from eBay for under $20 shipped. I will have them in hand tomorrow and will post pics of any mods requiredView attachment 664

I have the 78mm MSR11s waiting to install on the front of my Fury. Sadly the lower ball Arrma uses is narrower than most. I ordered up a package from Omni Models in OH. When they arrived the bag was labeled correctly but the part inside was incorrect. I'm now waiting for them to reply to my return replacement request. :( So far, the MSR11's do seem to be our best choice.

I have the 78mm MSR11s waiting to install on the front of my Fury. Sadly the lower ball Arrma uses is narrower than most. I ordered up a package from Omni Models in OH. When they arrived the bag was labeled correctly but the part inside was incorrect. I'm now waiting for them to reply to my return replacement request. :( So far, the MSR11's do seem to be our best choice.
I just opened my MSR11s and the only issue I see is as you said, the lower ball joint. I will not clearance a plastic part for it to clear the ball joint. I will cut back the shoulders on the ball joint to fit the A-arm. .010" on each side will be fine. Installed pics later.

I posted my mod to the Integy shocks in the suspension forum. Since the Granite, Vortex, Fury and Mojave all share the same A-arms and shocks this guide should help you alot Skaxis. On a side note, if I were a brave man I would try to press out the ball joints. You can clearly see where the back side has a lock ring glued in to secure it to the lower mount. Plastic/composites are no where near as forgiving as metal so I don't push my luck.

I finally got an RMA from Omni but it's just a return, not a replacement. Upside is I'll get my $$ back. Downside is I need to place a new order but I'm sketchy on reordering from them. This is the 2nd time they've sent me the wrong part. :(

I ordered the parts from Tower this time. Order confirmation came yesterday and estimated delivery date is Monday. I hate it when I get parts delivered on Monday! Feels like a wasted weekend that I could have been out hammering my truck! Oh well. We'll see if it maybe arrives early.

Ok, time for my performance update on my Integys. But I am first going to describe the characteristics I had. When running the stock shocks at speed I was constantly adjusting due to the front bouncing around from the lack of a smooth surface. Turns were sketchy from it also. Launching off of my deck into my yard(3.5-4ft drop) and the truck was squirrelly on landing. Jumping a small dirt pile was a challenge on the stockers too. After installing the Integys, it's like a completely different truck. I didn't even try to go easy on them. The first run involved all of the aforementioned activities plus a few more substantial impacts courtesy of my wife and her first ever RC run. Every situation improved significantly. Strangely, what caught my attention wasn't anything that the shocks added. It was an absence of noise. The sound that I had attributed to the body on the mounts was a lot quieter. I am not going to say the Integy MSR11's are the greatest shocks on earth. I am not experience enough to know better. I will tell you that if you have a Granite, Vorteks, Fury or Mojave and you are using stock shocks, you should consider an upgrade. Soon.

Rears are bone stock. Wanted to tackle the front shocks since the take the brunt of the abuse. Integy has a matching 98mm set that is probably gonna end up there though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back