Senton Suspension too spongy - any ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowjam

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hoping to get some ideas as I'm new to the RC world...

Just acquired a 4x4 Senton and my intended use is actually for work.
I will be using this ride as a camera dolly. Essentially I will be placing a GoPro size camera on a 4 foot PVC tube for marketing videography.

As of now, I got the camera mount figured out, but the car tends to sway side to side quite a bit. Also, even with the lightest acceleration, the whole car sways back and forth as well...
With the camera and PVC pole in place the whole rig is rather top heavy, but so far it has not flipped over.

Is there a way to limit the amount of the suspension travel? Are there firmer tires that could be mounted? I'm not using the OEM body at all, so I guess I could put any tires (the wider the better) compatible with this model. I was thinking some larger diameter tires would slow down the take off speed and provide a much smoother ride, which would result in a more fluid video.

Suggestions?

* attaching 2 photos of the "camera rig"

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 12.44.25 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 12.45.02 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have just what you need. These Senton BLX shocks were just too stiff for my car. Firmer springs and firmer damping. The upper bushings have rubber inserts which make them a bolt-on for the Senton 4x4. PM me if interested!

20180218_074236-X3.jpg

I did install some plastic spacers above the springs and added some tubing on the shock shafts to limit the suspension travel. It looks like I could use some more suspension dampening. My cameras has a built-in stabilization and I'm going to use a gimbal to further steady the shots.
So, to make the long story short, as little of the camera movement as possible. The camera mount is 100% rigid. My worst shots are at the take of before the RC gets to a steady speed. Being new to the RC world I'm still learning how to start very slow and stay at a very slow speed. Not sure if you guys have any ideas there. Much larger tire or different gears? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back