suspension tuning tips and tricks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, we wrapped it around the base of the trees. Had problems with it popping up all the time, so I put a bunch of rocks inside..perhaps too many rocks.. LOL.
So we use stakes. Rebar with washers welded on the end, stack two or three pipes and stake 'em down. With enough impacts they will break the pipes but you can just patch with more pipe!

I agree that speed and terrain is a balancing act.
Turns, bumps, jumps, and what speeds going through any combo is the tricky part.
"Woops" type of bumps on my driveway which isn't even like a track woops section is what I'm dealing with.

I don't race and I run on asphalt and grass mostly along with a little gravel road. Tall order to ask for the perfect suspension
but I'm very close to getting it dialed as best I can without spending any money on new parts.
I did "upgrades" with parts that I had on hand and I only spent money on bearings so far.

I made a slo-mo vid to inspect how it acts/reacts. It feels good and looks good too in the vid but I think with a little bit tweaking I can get it just a tad more dialed.🤏

Will post the vid soon...maybe someone will see something I'm not seeing. But like I said it does feel pretty good for what it is.:)
Tracks are so different. One of the first things a Racer/pro will do is tune the shocks for the track if new to that track. Especially if it is a new rig. Then the tires. Some will even find that having 2 sets of shocks and sets of tires could be needed after the track changes over the course of a day. Even Temps will alter the performance of a shock. That's how sentitive shocks truly are to the environment.
For bashing this may not be an issue at all. Because the terrain usually varies greatly.
Driver input takes over at some point. Working with what you got or is good enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back