Fireteam Swap my e-brake servo with my steering servo ? they look the same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyphoonS3

Reaction score
Can I swap my e-brake servo with my steering servo they look the same? Of course then the e-brake would be the new thrott but I don't know if i can reset the controller. They do have different part numbers s652 is my steering servo s650 is my e-brake servo. Also does anyone know a good link to an aftermarket one metal stearing servo that I can put right in without modifying or having to buy additional parts. if so do you have a link to both. This all started when my steering stopped working but my throttle still works it was acting sketchy like it was taking off fast and then it stopped steering I unplugged the steering servo and the throttle seems to be fine now. Also is it worth me looking inside my steering servo or is it just a firmware that they install took a s***?
Can I swap my e-brake servo with my steering servo they look the same? Of course then the e-brake would be the new thrott but I don't know if i can reset the controller. They do have different part numbers s652 is my steering servo s650 is my e-brake servo. Also does anyone know a good link to an aftermarket one metal stearing servo that I can put right in without modifying or having to buy additional parts. if so do you have a link to both. This all started when my steering stopped working but my throttle still works it was acting sketchy like it was taking off fast and then it stopped steering I unplugged the steering servo and the throttle seems to be fine now. Also is it worth me looking inside my steering servo or is it just a firmware that they install took a s***?
Oh I just realized if I unplugged the power brakes servo (e-brake) I could just plug it into the other port for the steering servo?

Oh I just realized if I unplugged the power brakes servo (e-brake) I could just plug it into the other port for the steering servo?
No. It’s not strong enough

I believe the e-brake is a plastic gear low torque servo. I think that the e-brake servo is 23t instead of 25t (might be wrong). I am guessing they are both the same size (40mmx20mmx40mm). If they are that size, just buy and servo that size and it should fit.

Oh I didn't think about that of course the gearing would be different did not think about that. I appreciate your reply also if they were the same the part number would be the same okay I'll just buy a new one.
Oh I didn't think about that of course the gearing would be different did not think about that. I appreciate your reply also if they were the same the part number would be the same okay I'll just buy a new one.
But I'm still looking for one that'll last longer than the four months, I got out my brand new fire team and I drive on flat ground I live in Florida no rocks and on grass flat. 4 months is unacceptable.

S650: 5kg plastic gear servo: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/s650-5kg-servo-plastic-gear/SPMS650.html
S652: 18kg metal gear servo: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/s652-18kg-servo-steel-gear/SPMS652.html

Do not swap them. You'll kill the plastic gear servo in short time.

Unless you stick with Spektrum, most aftermarket servos will need a 25T arm. Personally, it's worth it to buy new servo arms to maintain compatibility with the rest of the world.
The world of servos is endless. You can Amazon special it for $30-$75 or you can be in that $75 to $120ish or be crazy and drop $250-$500 if you want. I’ve tried a lot of servos over my 30 years in RC and I use Savox 2210sg. I have 4 of them and 2- 1211sg 3 are over 4 years old. Hell I’m trying a servo that @Diem Turner posted a picture of I though it had great specs and looked good figured I’d try it out.

The world of servos is endless. You can Amazon special it for $30-$75 or you can be in that $75 to $120ish or be crazy and drop $250-$500 if you want. I’ve tried a lot of servos over my 30 years in RC and I use Savox 2210sg. I have 4 of them and 2- 1211sg 3 are over 4 years old. Hell I’m trying a servo that @Diem Turner posted a picture of I though it had great specs and looked good figured I’d try it out.
haha you might like this servo I just got.

https://nsdrcscaleparts.com/products/rs1-monster-torque-brushless-servo

1668748245195.png

Specs are nasty!

See this is what I mean! I’m like that would be Badass in my crawler. I haven’t touched my crawler in 6 months and that was just to change the shocks so I could rebuild my comp shocks (there still not rebuilt).by the way you have rocks 🪨 for tires that’s crazy torque!!
I bought it for the Traxxas XRT which is 1/6 scale. Funny enough this tiny servo probably poops all over the 1/5 scale servo in my kraton 8s :ROFLMAO: Hopefully my servo horn gets here tomorrow so I can actually test it out.

Is this for a fireteam 6s
so yours looks like it cost about $107 so can I buy 3- $30 servos and will the three last longer than your 1 $107?

I believe the e-brake is a plastic gear low torque servo. I think that the e-brake servo is 23t instead of 25t (might be wrong). I am guessing they are both the same size (40mmx20mmx40mm). If they are that size, just buy and servo that size and it should fit
Just toss that whole Hand brake. Unless you're absolutely still hooked onto the novelty yet. In the end it is just Fluff, not executed well.
Buy a DS3235 35 kg Steering servo for your FT. AMZ $34.00
Then get an Arrma 25 Spline horn/arm for it. All the Spektrum 23 spline RTR servos are lame. And can cause ESC's to fry. The supposedly better Spektrum ones are Over priced compared to the competition.
Just me.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/servo-horn-aluminum-black/ARAC8904.html?
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=zoskay+ds3235&crid=2VHJIVIEXG6CA&sprefix=ds3235,aps,56&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_7_6
The Pro version is a few coins more. Just no experience with it. But I have 8 of the standard SG versions and they are all fine still. Many 3 years old+. Servos are consumables at some point. $34. is cheap enough to replace. And still plenty strong enough.
I don't spend alot anymore. Did the expensive route before. I can't justify $80.-280. for a servo. Just for bashing purposes.
Race kit rigs at a track is different.

Last edited:
Is this for a fireteam 6s
so yours looks like it cost about $107 so can I buy 3- $30 servos and will the three last longer than your 1 $107?
Well I like driving my rigs not working on them and replacing a servo isn’t that big a deal you still have to clean it before you work on it, then do the repairs (my time is valuable). You might strip a screw removing it 3-5 times then you got that problem. What about the servos I’ve had for 3-5 years hell I think the one in my sons jump kraton is 5 plus years old and works great snd we beat that kraton pretty hard. I’ve replaced a-lot of cheap servos over the years.

But I'm still looking for one that'll last longer than the four months, I got out my brand new fire team and I drive on flat ground I live in Florida no rocks and on grass flat. 4 months is unacceptable.
If I had a nickel for everyone that had a failed RTR Arrma servo soon after........... You are not alone. Trust me.;)
HH will give you another one free with a receipt for 2 years.
Just that this RTR servo SUCKS. WiIl fry the ESC. And if yours is fried because of this, absolutely warranty the ESC. But buy another Upgraded Servo however.. Non Spektrum.
With every single new Arrma rig, I toss the RTR servo out the box. Just Lame and slow to start with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back