Notorious Sway Bar: Do I really need it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rip King MC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Welcome to another episode of Rip King MC is a total newbie.:ROFLMAO: So I am kinda tired of having to screw the rod ends on the sway bar back on after almost every bash, and it got me thinking: What is the sway bar for anyway? Do I really need it? can I just take it off? I am very curious.

Welcome to another episode of Rip King MC is a total newbie.:ROFLMAO: So I am kinda tired of having to screw the rod ends on the sway bar back on after almost every bash, and it got me thinking: What is the sway bar for anyway? Do I really need it? can I just take it off? I am very curious.
try it, see if it drives ok for you. I really don’t anything bad will Happen. A used kraton I had came without them and I ran it for a good while that way. Never had a problem. ??‍♂️ I did notice it handled different than the one I already had that did have the sway bars tho?

I superglued the rod ends together and it's holding up. Broke an a arm and shock rod end, and the sway bars are still on there. Not that they're necessary for bashing. And they seem pretty soft on the Kraton/Noto, barely any effect on the other side when you lift one wheel by hand.

Last edited:
The sway bar keeps the chassis flat during cornering and keeps the center of gravity as low as possible. It helps with handling in corners by linking the opposite A arms together. If you remove it, you will get more body roll during turns but independent suspension will be truly independent. This would help in bumpier terrain.
A main has a YouTube video that compares the kraton to the revo 2.0 and towards the end, they remove the sway bar on the kraton. It helped it to climb a curb if I remember correctly.
Mind you, this is a V2 Kraton

Last edited:
Another newbie question: how do I remove the sway bar?
I'm pretty sure I know how. I just want to make sure.

One screw in each A arm that goes through the rod end of the sway bar ends. Two more screws on the gearbox that hold the sway bar cap.

I ran without both and twisted the rear chassis. Now I run the rear and leave the front off. It really helps with landing and the chassis not slapping at the rear due to full A arm compression. Also it straightens the tuck out over uneven jumps.

These arrma sway bars are a joke. Need to use aftermarket parts to get the links strong enough and the bars barely have an effect and seem to bind the suspension a bit. When you lift one wheel there is barely any change to the other if the shocks are installed.

I removed them front and back and do track my Talion. Although it's a bumpy offroad track. I might put them back on but it's fine without them.

They definitely have a minimal affect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back