Granite Sway bar for Mega /BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmcbryar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Anyone put a say bar on their mega or 3s blx.

Lowered my truck a little, bet it will do better but I think a say bar would be sweet.

My swb could REALLY use one, but the lwb has been ok.

BRCC with stock tires was a roll over machine. Much better with the Granite tires. My granite has the 10mm extenders with MX28's. It rarely rolls.

At the track, I rolled it a few times. Not bad, but I did a lot of corners on 3 wheels. Was hoping to improve that. Not racing, just having fun.

I'm just going to wait for the 3s typhon arms to come available. I think that'll solve most of my rollover issues. It's pretty annoying that they're still N/A after the car being out for 2 months. I'm glad I didn't buy one as I'm sure it would be broken and shelved by now.

I don't think the Granite needs one if you tune it properly. This is with skinny/narrow Slash wheels on really high bite clay (think slicks). Got some shock tuning tips at the beginning, and it just rails even on the skinny tires. No traction roll issues at all.

Yeah think I saw that video before. I have some electrons and on the clay it was less of an issue. Carpet with the stock section tires was a different story.

Going to prob design one, 3d printer comes Friday. :)

I don't think the Granite needs one if you tune it properly. This is with skinny/narrow Slash wheels on really high bite clay (think slicks). Got some shock tuning tips at the beginning, and it just rails even on the skinny tires. No traction roll issues at all.

I think experience has a lot to do with it, as well as knowing how to tune it. I personally have 6 or 7 months of experience, which is choked back by 3 young kids and work is busy. The only reason I was willing to rebuild my shocks was because of your video and the confidence it gave me that I could get it done in a timely manner - thank you by the way! When I get time to bash, sometimes it has to be very carefully orchestrated and sometimes I still only get 10 or 15 minutes. I hate spending any of those minutes walking down the block to flip over my turtle that's stuck in the middle of the road waiting for the next minivan to turn it into parts. To be blunt, I suck at driving it! But I enjoy it nonetheless. If I can find a part that will keep my rookie butt from looking even more green, I'll jump on it. I like to call it "making my car stupid proof", the only way I can protect it from me! This is also why I'm addicted to this forum. The advice and knowledge you guys put on here goes miles, I just have to gather the time to apply it.

With other cars I usually ran less grippy tires to stop traction rolling. I also took the spacers out of the socks when I put oil in them. Tightened them more than stock. Hoping they don't leak now.

Headed to the track tomorrow, will see if it handles better.

I tried pulling the spacers (granite mega turned brushless) and it seemed like there was excessive chassis slap so I put more of the clip spacers in. I later put the granite blx springs on which are stiffer. I'll pull some clips and see if that helps. Good thinkin, thanks!

Slap is more a shock oil thickness issue I think. some slap is good though.

Ran well at the track, I think better with the spacers removed. Also small jumps so no slap. It is a beautiful thing when I jumps that far and all you hear is motor when it lands :D

Shocks are still leaking though :*(

Slap is more a shock oil thickness issue I think. some slap is good though.

Ran well at the track, I think better with the spacers removed. Also small jumps so no slap. It is a beautiful thing when I jumps that far and all you hear is motor when it lands :D

Shocks are still leaking though :*(
Yeah, I didn't note that - I put the blx springs on when I rebuilt the shocks. I think the original slapping I saw was soft springs, less travel with spacers out, and low shock oil. As a rookie rc guy I didn't notice the change as all the oil leaked out of the over a long period of time. I did however notice how much better it got with new oil and stiffer springs!

Spacers are not, it's the same travel, at least for jumps. I was thinking about it, in the air they will be fully extended.

Yeah my shocks are still leaking. Might have to upgrade.

Did you use that green slime when you rebuilt? Really seemed to help on mine.

Here it is on Amazon -

HALOFUN 1105 Factory Team Green... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006MZS1I?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It's basically grease, and I don't know if it's any different than any other grease, but I credit it for getting mine to stop leaking. I put it on the o rings and bushings where the shaft slides.

Thanks, will have to try it. In the end I am going to spend more working on them than buying a new set of shocks lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back