Typhon Sway bar links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STARman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 6s
The sway bar links/ball ends are split on my Typhon so I've ordered some new ones. Is the default position to (lightly) tighten them up at the end of the bar so that it doesn't protrude through?

The way I have set them on my Kraton is with the sway bar slightly protruding through the ball ends, like 1 mm, so it helps me to see whether they're slipping off or staying put. Of course, the further out they are on the sway bar, the more flexible the sway bar action will be and vice versa. Anyway, if you're having problems of those ball ends splitting in half like mine were, Arrma makes them in metal too: their code is AR330216 and they should fit the whole 6s line

The sway bar links/ball ends are split on my Typhon so I've ordered some new ones. Is the default position to (lightly) tighten them up at the end of the bar so that it doesn't protrude through?
I set mine so that a tiny bit is showing.

The way I have set them on my Kraton is with the sway bar slightly protruding through the ball ends, like 1 mm, so it helps me to see whether they're slipping off or staying put. Of course, the further out they are on the sway bar, the more flexible the sway bar action will be and vice versa. Anyway, if you're having problems of those ball ends splitting in half like mine were, Arrma makes them in metal too: their code is AR330216 and they should fit the whole 6s line

Those are definitely a good upgrade. (y)
One of the few things that was better on the early version trucks.

A982B586-9931-4C60-9EC3-57FE0D050D59.jpeg

Last edited:
That's exactly what happened, it's like they're made of soft cheese or something. I picked up a complete front and rear set of sway bars, links, screws etc for £5 so not bad value, but if they split again I'll get the steel version next time around ?

That's exactly what happened, it's like they're made of soft cheese or something. I picked up a complete front and rear set of sway bars, links, screws etc for £5 so not bad value, but if they split again I'll get the steel version next time around ?
When I am putting them on I make tiny turns and then check to see if the bar can slide back and forth. As soon as it can't, I stop tightening. And when I say tiny, I mean miniscule.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back