Outcast Sway bars or not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanning

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Lately I've been running an rc with no sway bars installed. One example was my Slash.... it has wide monster tires on it. That completely changes the characteristics of the vehicle. Yes it was mostly a basher but it was the high center of gravity chassis. The rig did not roll over much. Then I removed the sway bars from my large scale. No change noticed...the suspension seemed better. Now I'm building something like the Outcast. Do you guys run with or without sway bars ?

I was running the Kraton without sway bars because that stupid little retainer, on the gear box got all bent and week. Then the sway bar would just pop off. Then I lost one. I learned how to drive the car with out the rear sway bar and was fine. Then I lost the front retainer and took that sway bar off. It seemed every time I braked into a corner the front end would dip so bad, the inside rear wheel would come off the ground. I saw the front bumper hitting the ground on sharp turns. I recently added the Hot Racing Swat bar retainers and am so glad I did. The car handles much better, in my opinion, with the sways firmly in place. I bought several thicknesses of both the front and rear sway bars, and think the sweet spot for me is 1 level thinner than the stock for both the front and rear. By the way, I am still rocking your body style, and every body who sees it, digs it.

I was running the Kraton without sway bars because that stupid little retainer, on the gear box got all bent and week. Then the sway bar would just pop off. Then I lost one. I learned how to drive the car with out the rear sway bar and was fine. Then I lost the front retainer and took that sway bar off. It seemed every time I braked into a corner the front end would dip so bad, the inside rear wheel would come off the ground. I saw the front bumper hitting the ground on sharp turns. I recently added the Hot Racing Swat bar retainers and am so glad I did. The car handles much better, in my opinion, with the sways firmly in place. I bought several thicknesses of both the front and rear sway bars, and think the sweet spot for me is 1 level thinner than the stock for both the front and rear. By the way, I am still rocking your body style, and every body who sees it, digs it.

Great info dpricenator......I'm going to go with the sway bar links and stick with them in my new build. That's a great body for bashing....I look for bodies that have a rounded smooth top. I like that body you have and a VW bug. 9 times out of ten I will roll my rc and it mostly ends up tires down.

I hear you on the roll over crashes. It took a 40 yd slide on the asphalt the other day. I let off the throttle after hitting a speed bump at 45 mph. The nose tucked and the rear just went right over the top. Landed upside down, straight as an arrow and slid for the next 120 feet. Actually scraped all the way through the bed line on the roof. I'll get a pic tonight before I re-paint it.

You can flip it if it's skidding on the lid.

The body.... it does protect the shocks, shock towers etc well. Just spray on more bed liner and the top looks fresh again. Im going to fit my VW bug body to my new Tekno MT410. It's fully bed liner with silver paint under the lexan. It is completely shoe gooed and the tail end is completely filled with hot glue around the body posts. Some cracks are stitched together with zip ties. Love that body. Lol. It looks like an old rat rod.

Yeah my Body is full shoe goo, and Dry wall mesh. It took a huge top side rear corner landing the other day and came up with a dent that won't pop back out. Battle wounds....The traxxas body posts I used are so tall, I was worried they would break, but nope, they just bend a little offering even more absorption of the crash. And the Screw down body retainers are the best thing ever. I have zero damage around the mounting holes in the body. Anyway, once you get done with the MT410, run it a few times with the sway bars, and then take them off, and run it. You will be pretty quick to put them back on.

True... it depends on the vehicle and how good the links are made and tuned . The 1/8 race platform reacts well to adjustments. Got to find a sweet spot. I messed with my Slash swaybars for a while.... then Changed tires and what a huge difference. Found the sweet spot and the vehicle drove like it was on rails. Other RC's I have.... The links were a joke. Not made out of the proper steel is why they did nothing. Yeah... that 410 is definitely going to need them and I have a feeling they are top notch in quality.

I would cave that Parma body in on the back corners. I only had gorilla tape inside mine. Never had it stay dented in but it got wrinkled. The Kraton puts a slamming down on a body.... it's a beefy rig. The tall posts are strong as heck.... made out of some sort of wonder plastic.

Last edited:
Great info dpricenator......I'm going to go with the sway bar links and stick with them in my new build. That's a great body for bashing....I look for bodies that have a rounded smooth top. I like that body you have and a VW bug. 9 times out of ten I will roll my rc and it mostly ends up tires down.

I run my outcast with the rear sway bar in place and removed the fronts. I' running proline trencher 3.8s and without the front sway bar I was able to adjust my sep farther so it turns just slightly wider then stock. But with the rear sway on I can dive into corners fast with a longer wheel throw and the rear end stays planted. Just how I run my truck unless I'm doing some large jumps then I reintall so I don' blow out my shock pistons

I’ve only been running my MT410. Swaybars in place. I’ll slide the collar in and out on the bar to fine tune it a little. Keeping the body low as possible also.

I love the mt410. Well balanced, pretty light weight. Very durable diffs and shocks. Handles well. I mostly ruin A-Arms on it but it takes a while. On my Arrma, I ruined shocks often. Both brands are on my top favorite list. The V3 Arrmas have some nice upgrades. They are really making good improvements every version.

Arrma is deff my top but the mt410 has me wanting to check it out it is technically a 10th scale right but it' built more like our 8th scale trucks. I really like how durable it looks the a arms look stocky and close to the body but can still have meaty wheels on it my wife just got the new typhon and i really like it. It' so nimble and can still take a beating. I've been driving it sense I exploded my center diff in the outcast and I'm waiting on parts.

I actually just got my MT410 delivered yesterday. The monster truck area of rc isnt really defined in terms of scale like buggies, truggies and short course trucks. Those have classes specifying wheelbases, widths and everything so they have clear cut scale segments, where the monster trucks don't. Looking at pictures it is the the exact same size as the Outcast. They have it labeled as a 1/10 but it basically is a 1/8. Even if you go on Proline's website they have it under the 1/8 and not the 1/10. The Proline MT 4x4 is a 1/10 and that is noticeably smaller than the Tekno. Now I just have to find the time to assemble it....

That's what I thought I thought they were about the same size. I know scale is a relative term in this hobby depending on what type of rig your talking from actual sale like on alot of the crawlers that are an exact version of a real vehicles. The outcast is a short wheelbase truck for being in the 8th scale class that' why when I seen some places calling the mt410 a 10th scale but I would consider it an 8th scale truck forsure

Bought a brand new kraton roller got big plans for it. My wife got a new typhon but I think I'm gonna get a mt410 and take my time building it. My son is in the hobby as well so my house is starting to look like a rc shop lol

Bought a brand new kraton roller got big plans for it. My wife got a new typhon but I think I'm gonna get a mt410 and take my time building it. My son is in the hobby as well so my house is starting to look like a rc shop lol
That new Typhon is sweet !!! I like the MT410, it’s a 1/8 scale. The Proline MT pro 4x4 is a 1/10 but handles 1/8 scale electronics. All great rc’s

Ya I like her typhon the new body color scheme is alot better imo nimble and quick. I blew up my center diff in the outcast so while I'm waiting on the mail like always lol I've been messin arou d with hers to get my fix in lol. I'e Got 3 projects I'm working on so it' nice that she got the typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back