Kraton Swaybar removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper007

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I was out with the kraton and i was wondering if i removed my Swaybar would i get more articulation from the suspension over rough and bumpy terrain or would the body lean so much as to throw off the handling..now I'm not racing on a track or anything like that just blasting through the grass at my local park..what would be the result of removing the Swaybar..

I was out with the kraton and i was wondering if i removed my Swaybar would i get more articulation from the suspension over rough and bumpy terrain or would the body lean so much as to throw off the handling..now I'm not racing on a track or anything like that just blasting through the grass at my local park..what would be the result of removing the Swaybar..

I don't run any and prefer it that way for bashing. On a smooth or high traction track or on pavement all the time I would use them.

They're in the front and the back. I used them for the first pack and then took them off. I haven't put them back on and I like it better too.

I left mine off the front of my outcast for 2 reasons. 1, I hate dealing with the stupid thing when looking at the diffs. 2, I wanted it to articulate a bit easier when offroad.

I ran it last weekend like this and I don't notice it reacting much different at all. However, I also changed the wheels/tires to smaller ones vs the 3.8" trenchers I was running, which get less grip and have less leverage.

I don't run sway bars on any of my trucks and always found them more of a nuisance when wrenching than anything as any 1/8th buggy I'd get would have them and eventually, they would find their way to my spare parts drawer and stay there. I never run on a track, so any real benefit I got out of them is probably useless to me anyway.

Side by side, running the outcast, brushless revo or savage flux, the outcast still is far more planted just due to it's lower COG. It's far less tippy than my other two bashers.

IMHO, the car handles better with them. I noticed more traction rolling with out them. The front would dip terribly entering a turn and then the rear on the exit. With the swaybars, the car seems to be forced into a slide before it rolls over. I do run the full option Teckno shocks, but I doubt that makes much difference. I took them off originally because og that damn retainer plate, but then Hot racing came out with the aluminum version and I put them back one. I thought I liked it with out until I put them back on a moth later.

Removed them on my monstertruckified Typhon, didn't notice much difference on rough terrain (old bmx track).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back