Outcast SWB chassis, stacked? I had to ask..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
So anyone taken 2 brand new $14 6s chassis's and stacked them then tig welded them together? I'm about to try it, so wanted to see if anyone has done so already?

I feel if the outer edge is tigged all the way around, and plug welded in certain spots on the chassis that it could be potentially extremely strong... i still run the factory chassis, my braces have saved it thus far, but I have concaved the center of the chassis long ways from really airing it out repeatedly.. I've straightened it several times so it's just about ready for another $14 chassis.. so I've been tossing this idea around in my head..

You may just see this posted here in the coming weeks..

They would. I have seen people just stack without the tig... just need longer screws and be prepared to chassis slap a lot.

I saw a thread where a guy did this, he just ran longer screws through the chassis. And he even doubled up the shock towers.

Well get a jbit to sit on top of it... good luck getting the chassis off the ground at that point??
Just say’n... I love the sound of chassis slap when landing huge sends. ?

Yup we are gonna need the hardware store on this one.
Might as well stock up on some all thread and nuts. About the only way you will find long enough bolts ???

I've seen someones photos where they doubled up 2 chassis with the center line only but not 2 complete chassis.

I myself did this (refer to photo) and it's holding up well. I do big jumps but not big, big like RC Dude81 or Rich D to name a few.

20200122_091351.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back