Kraton SWB Kraton conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Had my Kraton well over a year of some hard driving. But time after time, I seem to have more fun with my shorter wheelbase rigs (MT410, Sketer, Outcast, Typhon truggy), and the Kraton was due for a complete tear down and rebuild anyways. At least I have my diff building spot on....the three diffs that were in it have been going strong for about 8 months.

Found some minor issues during the build like bent hinge pin, some tie rod ends were stretched and warped, etc., so she will be like a new rig now. Had 3 diffs built as spares with aluminum cases and M2C drive cups, and a few other aluminum hinge pin holders that had not been installed yet, so they all went on. New front upper and lower arms also, old ones were getting a bit too much play in them.

So...is this just an Outcast now? Some may say so....but I say it is a SWB Kraton. Also put on some Backflip LPs.

20220709_173141.jpg
20220709_173148.jpg
20220709_211447.jpg
20220709_212942.jpg
20220709_230551.jpg
20220709_230038.jpg
20220709_230059.jpg

Last edited:
First run yesterday was underwhelming. Was slow for some reason, and just something didn't seem right. Thought it was maybe the smaller tires with the same gearing I had in the kraton (20t pinion). So changed pinion to a 23t, and also think the mesh was a little tight. Also grabbed a 1/2 charged pack for the test run, but maybe it was less charge that I thought.

Either way charged a pack and tried out the new gearing. Wow...thing rips! Handles great, can ride a wheelie, but can take off pretty quick without wanting to flip. Will also do a standing backflip if you gun it. I like it. Really handles great and quick with the smaller tires and little less weight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back