Typhon Sweep Racing Terrain Crusher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Is anyone out there running sweep Racing Terrain Crushers on a typhon 3s or 6s? Love the looks of them, just didn't know if they would fit or what I could do to make them fit

These are WAY too large and heavy for your application.:rolleyes: Any Typhon. They are wide wheels.
I run these on my wider 6s Kraton and Notorious. And not great at all on Dirt or grass. Pavement only for fast running being belted. Don't jump with them. They will even get hairline cracks from potholes or bad side hits.
But they serve a purpose for wide armed 1/8 6s rigs no doubt. Just not offroad.

These are WAY too large and heavy for your application.:rolleyes: Any Typhon. They are wide wheels.
I run these on my wider 6s Kraton and Notorious. And not great at all on Dirt or grass. Pavement only for fast running being belted. Don't jump with them. They will even get hairline cracks from potholes or bad side hits.
But they serve a purpose for wide armed 1/8 6s rigs no doubt. Just not offroad.
Gotcha, thanks a bunch. I love the way the wheels themselves look, do you know of any other wheels/ tires that would be similar?

To use wider tires on the Typhon 6s you need some modifications. A "truggified typhon" is a Typhon with wider Kraton hubs/axles/hexes and it enables you to use wider truggy and monster truck tires. However those Terrain Crushers are REALLY wide, so I'm not sure if the Kraton hubs/axles/hexes provide enough clearance. The guys in this video are using 30mm extensions to use Terrain Crushers on a Typhon.

Similar in what way? different colors?

https://www.amazon.com/Powerhobby-Gripper-Mounted-Infraction-Limiitless/dp/B09HWXKCCZ

These are the wider rear tires, if you like them you can also find the front tires on amazon as well.
Yeah I love the red chrome look of them. Probably need something belted tho for the 6s typhon
To use wider tires on the Typhon 6s you need some modifications. A "truggified typhon" is a Typhon with wider Kraton hubs/axles/hexes and it enables you to use wider truggy and monster truck tires. However those Terrain Crushers are REALLY wide, so I'm not sure if the Kraton hubs/axles/hexes provide enough clearance. The guys in this video are using 30mm extensions to use Terrain Crushers on a Typhon.
Gotcha, thanks a bunch

Oh, if it's the red chrome you like, I would try searching for things like "red chrome, 1/10, 1/8 scale, buggy, truggy, monster truck wheels". Wheels can be sold separately from tires. You can buy a set of wheels, then buy tires and glue them on yourself. Make sure you know what sizes you're looking for though. Most chrome wheels will be for 1/10 racing/touring cars which are way too small for your Typhons.

You need wheels with a 17mm hex. The 3s and 6s Typhon use 1/8 buggy wheels that are 3.3 inches (88mm) in diameter. You could also use 2.8 or 3.8 inch truggy or monster truck wheels. The 3s Typhon can use truggy and monster truck wheels without any modification. The 6s Typhon will need widening modifications like the Kraton hubs/axles/hexes to use truggy and monster truck wheels.

Last edited:
Wonder how the diffs held up.

Oh, if it's the red chrome you like, I would try searching for "red chrome 1/8 scale wheels". Wheels can be sold separately from tires. You can buy a set of wheels, then buy tires and glue them on yourself.

The 3s and 6s Typhon use 1/8 buggy wheels that are 3.3 inches (88mm) in diameter.
The 3s Typhon can use truggy and monster truck wheels without any modification.
The 6s Typhon will need widening modifications like the Kraton hubs/axles/hexes to use truggy and monster truck wheels.
I found some that are close. Firebrand hypernova. They come in a set of 4, but 1pr has a 3mm offset and the other has 9mm offset. I'm assuming that they are front/ rear? They're not belted and seem like a decent price. Wondering if you have any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks for your input

Yeah, even though I linked the video, I don't think those Terrain Crushers are appropriate tires for a Typhon. Way to wide and heavy from a performance perspective.

I found some that are close. Firebrand hypernova. They come in a set of 4, but 1pr has a 3mm offset and the other has 9mm offset. I'm assuming that they are front/ rear? They're not belted and seem like a decent price. Wondering if you have any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks for your input
DO NOT GET THOSE WHEELS. Re-read my earlier post. I edited it. You really have to know the size and type of wheel you're getting. Those are DRIFT tires for a 1/10 scale TOURING car. They are hard plastic, ultra slippery, and way too small. You need to find 17mm hex, 1/8 scale buggy, 1/8 scale truggy, 1/10 scale monster truck, or 1/8 scale monster truck wheels.

Last edited:
Power hobby has some chrome belted tires. I think they only have chrome and not red chrome if you can let go of the red.

https://www.powerhobby.com/pht2401scr.html

The Terrain Crusher is TOO HEAVY for even a larger rig like the Talion so I can't even imagine them on a Typhon...even for strictly on-road use.

Quick story: I had a Talion I was using for street speed bashes only and it was geared 34/30 with the MMX8S and the Castle 1717-1650KV. I had ProLine 2.8 Belted Trenchers on it and it ran nice with no heat issues (highest temp I got was 123 and I was really speeding around hard). It handled just "OK" so I thought I'd move up to the Crushers figuring the extra width and diameter would give me more speed and better control. Ran them one time and the motor got so hot the pinion damn near melted onto the motor shaft and the motor wires came unsoldered. I replaced the motor with a HobbyWing 4985-1650KV and ran the Trenchers again with no heat issues. Tried the Crushers once again and though it didn't overheat like the Castle the temps were in the 170 to 180 range. I tried the Crushers again on a custom Talion build I did with much more conservative gearing and they still made things hot. I'm almost scared to use them.

Its a shame cause those Crushers are some of the best looking rims/tires I've seen. They're gorgeous and I got the chrome finish ones. They make the car look amazing...but if you wanna go fast leave them alone. You have to be extremely careful with your gearing and overall setup casue they can add at least 20 to 25 degrees of heat just due to their weight. They're for "show only" IMHO and not for serious running even for on-road...probably much less so for off-road.
I bet the motors are hotter than the devil's fingernails...and they couldn't even make up the hill!!!!

Last edited:
The Terrain Crusher is TOO HEAVY for even a larger rig like the Talion so I can't even imagine them on a Typhon...even for strictly on-road use.

Quick story: I had a Talion I was using for street speed bashes only and it was geared 34/30 with the MMX8S and the Castle 1717-1650KV. I had ProLine 2.8 Belted Trenchers on it and it ran nice with no heat issues (highest temp I got was 123 and I was really speeding around hard). It handled just "OK" so I thought I'd move up to the Crushers figuring the extra width and diameter would give me more speed and better control. Ran them one time and the motor got so hot the pinion damn near melted onto the motor shaft and the motor wires came unsoldered. I replaced the motor with a HobbyWing 4985-1650KV and ran the Trenchers again with no heat issues. Tried the Crushers once again and though it didn't overheat like the Castle the temps were in the 170 to 180 range. I tried the Crushers again on a custom Talion build I did with much more conservative gearing and they still made things hot. I'm almost scared to use them.

Its a shame cause those Crushers are some of the best looking rims/tires I've seen. They're gorgeous and I got the chrome finish ones. They make the car look amazing...but if you wanna go fast leave them alone. You have to be extremely careful with your gearing and overall setup casue they can add at least 20 to 25 degrees of heat just due to their weight. They're for "show only" IMHO and not for serious running even for on-road...probably much less so for off-road.

I bet the motors are hotter than the devil's fingernails...and they couldn't even make up the hill!!!!
haha I can totally relate to this. except I have the SRC road crushers. I just put a tp 4070cm 2200kv in my talion recently and since I already had the road crushers on there I tried them for the first run of the motor. my temps were in the 90's within the first 3 minutes and it spook the hell out of me because I've never had a motor get that hot that fast. I'm sure 90 sounds low to most but for me thats my normal temps the whole pack, not the first 3 minutes :ROFLMAO:

The next day I put on the methodRC sct tires which are about 10mm smaller than stock talion tires and my temps were in the 70's with me running the truck at least twice as hard as I had with the road crushers. I'll still use them but best believe I will keep closer eye on temps when I do.

haha I can totally relate to this. except I have the SRC road crushers. I just put a tp 4070cm 2200kv in my talion recently and since I already had the road crushers on there I tried them for the first run of the motor. my temps were in the 90's within the first 3 minutes and it spook the hell out of me because I've never had a motor get that hot that fast. I'm sure 90 sounds low to most but for me thats my normal temps the whole pack, not the first 3 minutes :ROFLMAO:

The next day I put on the methodRC sct tires which are about 10mm smaller than stock talion tires and my temps were in the 70's with me running the truck at least twice as hard as I had with the road crushers. I'll still use them but best believe I will keep closer eye on temps when I do.
Must be pretty cold where you at right now...don't try them in the summer!!

Must be pretty cold where you at right now...don't try them in the summer!!

Haha yea I'm actually tired of 35-45f ambient temps. Thankfully things are slowly starting to heat up a little. I know I'm going to have to gear down on a lot of my rigs when summer comes. I actually just bought a 2nd kraton a few days ago and the first day i ran it with castle mmx8s system and 30t/50t gearing with stock tires. two tires came unglued on the first run lol. I know a lot of people couldn't even imagine running a 30t pinion on a kraton, I couldn't even get both motor mount screws in. :ROFLMAO:

Haha yea I'm actually tired of 35-45f ambient temps. Thankfully things are slowly starting to heat up a little. I know I'm going to have to gear down on a lot of my rigs when summer comes. I actually just bought a 2nd kraton a few days ago and the first day i ran it with castle mmx8s system and 30t/50t gearing with stock tires. two tires came unglued on the first run lol. I know a lot of people couldn't even imagine running a 30t pinion on a kraton, I couldn't even get both motor mount screws in. :ROFLMAO:
That's a huge pinion for sure but with a 50T spur it probably was insane...hence the blown tires. I'd keep the pinion and look for better tires. I've had good luck recently with the new PowerHobby belted Defenders. I'm using the 2.8s on my Typhon but thet make a 3.8 for Kraton type rigs. They remind me of the Trencher HPs but they're lighter and the rubber is softer so they hook up good on asphalt/street. Not too bad in grass/mud too. I also heard some good things about Jetko belted tires too. They're a little more pricey than the PowerHobby so I went PowerHobby first (of course).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back