Talion Sweep Road Crushers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Picked these up for the Talion.
Hopefully be able to try them out this weekend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180927-103956_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180927-103956_Gallery.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20180927-104119_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180927-104119_Gallery.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 126
They're smaller (in height) than the Backflips.

Beside a Backflip and a (well run and bald) Katar for comparison.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180927-105705_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180927-105705_Gallery.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20180927-105643_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180927-105643_Gallery.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20180927-110058_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20180927-110058_Gallery.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 94
They run and handle well in my Talion, no ballooning at all!!! Super easy to control and great traction on asphalt.

My Talion went 69.8 mph with the 20t pinion and stock Katars. I managed to squeeze in a 24t pinion with minor dremel work to the motor mount and got 73.6 mph with the road crushers. Because they don't balloon you lose a lot of gearing advantage from the tires that literally grow in diameter!

I have an Outcast and have only run the backflips so far. I love how the tires handle both on road and off road. That might sound surprising since they don't have very good traction on the road, but that lack of on road traction makes them very fun because its easy to make the car slide and drift on the street and its never traction rolled (it does traction roll offroad where the backfips have traction, but never on road). However, I don't want to destroy my backflips driving them on the street (I hear they will wear out very fast on the street) so I'm considering some SRC road crushers. For those of you that have them, can you comment on these points:

1. Do the SRC road crushers significantly increase traction rolling on the street compared to the backflips? I would assume the answer is yes because their treat pattern should grip the street much better than the backflips and they are 0.1" wider, but they are also 1.1" shorter which will lower the center of gravity so maybe not?
  2. How much does a single mounted road crusher weigh? I hear they are heavy. A mounted backflip weighs 0.79 lbs.
  3. Does the tread on the road crushers last a long time with street driving, especially fun driving that includes lots of sliding? I bought a set of 2.8" proline prime street tires for my Slash and was very disappointed to find out that they wear extremely fast. I used them for less than 3 hours and the remaining rubber is so thin that they are about to pop.
  4. Please post a picture of an outcast with road crushers if you have one ;)

They're smaller (in height) than the Backflips.

Beside a Backflip and a (well run and bald) Katar for comparison.
Those look SOOOO sweet! I am gearing up to get some for my OC4s, but the price tag is pretty hefty. Im also not really able to find a lot of reference for other Outcast owners with SRCs.

Those look SOOOO sweet! I am gearing up to get some for my OC4s, but the price tag is pretty hefty. Im also not really able to find a lot of reference for other Outcast owners with SRCs.
They are okay on road but suck off road, not sure if they addressed that issue but the wheels used to have a tendency to crack.

I was JUST looking at those earlier today! I absolutely cannot stomach that price, but they sure do look purty!
Not many options for 1/8th MT. There are the Duratrax Banditos but those need to be unmounted and strapped from the inside.

I find if you don't jump with these and just want to drift in smooth dirt the "Terrain" crushers are half decent in the dirt. Just not grass though. But on the pavement are nice for high speed. Probably drive the same as the Road Crushers on pavement. ( same wheel) Zero ballooning. Yes, I got a a hairline crack in one wheel. CA'ed it fine. Cold weather got the best of mine I think. But used the crap out of them. Again, I don't jump with them at all. This is well known. Not what they are for. I would buy another set when these wear out. But I collect many types. These to me are worth having MHO. Just not for heavy bashing. No belted tire works out well for hard bashing IMHO. They are heavy or too low profile for bashing hard..
I was JUST looking at those earlier today! I absolutely cannot stomach that price, but they sure do look purty!
These PL's are basically 1/8 Truggy slicks ( a minimal tread if you can even call it a tread) with a Belt. Offset, wheel and all. Over priced I feel also. For their size and all.

I have a set of Road Crushers and Banditos each. The Road Crushers really haven't hooked up well for me on my Kraton, even on new asphalt. The Banditos are really heavy, and are fun for skate parks, or cruising around the local college campus, and aren't half-bad in the grass quads. I'd avoid big and hard airs with either of them, as the Road Crushers will crack, and the Banditos are so heavy they will break arms, but ultimately for flat and speed, the Road Crushers, for mild road bashing the Banditos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back