Limitless switched to foams/need help:(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Hello...
Last week i had a grp tire blowout at 190 kmh.
I always was connected with the car when running grps. It went straight as an arrow, until the blowout happends.

(Xlx2+2028)

I decided to switch to foams cause i want to reach in summer 240 kmh

Today I had first run ever with foams on my limitless v2 and it handled so crappy that i lost the emotional connection between the car.

The car crashed while turned left for no reason.
So, the car felt like on ice.
You can do what you want, it gets worse..

I love speedrunning but with foams the handling feels like i said, on ice...
It was 8 °C celcius.
Those were contact foams 38 shore.
Brand new

I am very frustrated because with grps the 190 felt like 120 kmh..
Camber rear is -1° and front stock.
Little bit toe in.
Shock springload stiffest front and rear.

Maybe some of u guys had the same issue and love to help me, really appreciate buddys.

received_538890765023025.jpeg

received_173397905522453.jpeg

Screenshot_20230222_170703_GNSS PA.jpg

Screenshot_20230316_023349_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Set the camber to 0 degrees both front and rear. That may help some. Also a little toe in on the front. Maybe .5 to 1 degree. Foams are frustrating at first. I’ve been there. Supposedly they like downforce so over 100mph with a GT body like the FC100 helps.

Its hard when i am not even able to reach the speed when aerodynamic kickz in:( ok will set camber to 0 ° then..
Set the camber to 0 degrees both front and rear. That may help some. Also a little toe in on the front. Maybe .5 to 1 degree. Foams are frustrating at first. I’ve been there. Supposedly they like downforce so over 100mph with a GT body like the FC100 helps.

Its hard when i am not even able to reach the speed when aerodynamic kickz in:( ok will set camber to 0 ° then..
Take advice from @LicketySplit. We all have had our wrecks. I haven’t used contact other than on a 1/10th TT02 and they plainly sucked… I run triple pink? I think I can’t remember at this moment. But zero issues with factory settings.

Take advice from @LicketySplit. We all have had our wrecks. I haven’t used contact other than on a 1/10th TT02 and they plainly sucked… I run triple pink? I think I can’t remember at this moment. But zero issues with factory settings.
A 'friend' of mine reached 272 kmh with an hobao vte2 and he recommended me those tires :)

Last edited:
Bsr double pink work good for me but what @LicketySplit said about downforce is true. I ran my typhon on foams in buggy form and at 97mph it would fishtail with any steering input. I put a body on it and it's a whole different car. Maybe try tuning it on lower voltage so the throttle is a little more forgiving. You'll get it sorted. Goodluck brother 🙏 💪

Been there...
My 1/7 Hobao moves all over the road till about 100 mph. At that point the fc100 body makes downforce and it locks in and shoots straight.
Never did that with GRPs. There is a big learning curve on foams.

Trued down foams from 103 down to 96 is said to help some. Also sanding the edges can help so I hear. Some say it does not help...

So far I have been 234kph (146 mph) on 4s with BSR purple foams. I am planning to try a futaba gyro next time out.

Initial low speed testing looks like it will help a ton! I purposely created wheel spin and the car always tracks straight.

Been there...
My 1/7 Hobao moves all over the road till about 100 mph. At that point the fc100 body makes downforce and it locks in and shoots straight.
Never did that with GRPs. There is a big learning curve on foams.

Trued down foams from 103 down to 96 is said to help some. Also sanding the edges can help so I hear. Some say it does not help...

So far I have been 234kph (146 mph) on 4s with BSR purple foams. I am planning to try a futaba gyro next time out.

Initial low speed testing looks like it will help a ton! I purposely created wheel spin and the car always tracks straight.
I hope it's getting better then when i have set camber to zero degree and when changing to one of my gt bodys...
But first i need to wait for the carbon side skirts from islandhobbynut. They're already on the way

I hope it's getting better then when i have set camber to zero degree and when changing to one of my gt bodys...
But first i need to wait for the carbon side skirts from islandhobbynut. They're already on the way
FC100 is the best out there. My top recommendation 👍

I hope it's difference between day and night when running foams on limitless body compared to fc100... if not i am thinking of modifying grps with fishing line

That 0-80 mph range is still very slippery.
You may want to consider a futaba gyro also. I know some people hate on it, but if it can save you from a crash..... its worth it.

How much gain did you end up using?
I have only been about 60-80 mph with it so far testing in my neighborhood. We have had constant high winds, rain, and cold weather lately keeping me from doing a real speed run.

With that said right now it seems solid around +30 on the radio, but also worth noting the light on the gyro does not switch to red until +6 so that real value may be closer to +25?

I have only been about 60-80 mph with it so far testing in my neighborhood. We have had constant high winds, rain, and cold weather lately keeping me from doing a real speed run.

With that said right now it seems solid around +30 on the radio, but also worth noting the light on the gyro does not switch to red until +6 so that real value may be closer to +25?
Same. I’ve noticed the Futaba can run high gain without being twitchy.

+36 here….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back