Swollen lipo on first charge :(

Vulcan603

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Sad to report I still have not driven the Senton since buying it last week. Just charged my new Basher Lipo at 1c and this happened !! I not have a near fully charged lipo in the garage with what appears to be a faulty swollen cell.

I have raised with hobbyking and given evidence.

My charger is also a Turnigy , it's a bit old now but shouldn't cause a lipo cell to swell should it?

Paultro84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Sad to report I still have not driven the Senton since buying it last week. Just charged my new Basher Lipo at 1c and this happened !! I not have a near fully charged lipo in the garage with what appears to be a faulty swollen cell.

My charger is also a Turnigy , it's a bit old now but shouldn't cause a lipo cell to swell should it?

Just watched your video. That sucks big time!!! Hope they plan on giving you a new one.

Vulcan603

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Tell me about it. I have just ordered a new lipo charger to be on the safe side. I am pretty confident my lipo charge isn't at fault but I would rather not take the risk.

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s

My Basher 4000mah battery, that I used twice, did this while sitting in my ammo can on a storage charge for 2 months. I had it for more than 30 days so it was out of warranty..........................
3xBAJ0O.jpg

Vulcan603

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
That looks the same as mine. Thanks for posting that , My RMA has now been authorised, I was going to get a replacement but after seeing that I will ask for a refund.

slick2500

If it ain't broke, you're doing it wrong.
Community Leader
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 3s
That looks the same as mine. Thanks for posting that , My RMA has now been authorised, I was going to get a replacement but after seeing that I will ask for a refund.
The quality on those seems very hit or miss. I know a few guys who have had them for over a year and they are still kicking, even charging them at 5c.

Vulcan603

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Yeah I think I have just been unlucky. Hobbyking have issued a credit. So I will buy some others.

JJAX

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
don't get venom brand either! Ive had similar issues but with a 5000 mah!