Swollen lipo on first charge :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan603

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Sad to report I still have not driven the Senton since buying it last week. Just charged my new Basher Lipo at 1c and this happened !! I not have a near fully charged lipo in the garage with what appears to be a faulty swollen cell.

I have raised with hobbyking and given evidence.

My charger is also a Turnigy , it's a bit old now but shouldn't cause a lipo cell to swell should it?

Sad to report I still have not driven the Senton since buying it last week. Just charged my new Basher Lipo at 1c and this happened !! I not have a near fully charged lipo in the garage with what appears to be a faulty swollen cell.

My charger is also a Turnigy , it's a bit old now but shouldn't cause a lipo cell to swell should it?

Just watched your video. That sucks big time!!! Hope they plan on giving you a new one.

Tell me about it. I have just ordered a new lipo charger to be on the safe side. I am pretty confident my lipo charge isn't at fault but I would rather not take the risk.

My Basher 4000mah battery, that I used twice, did this while sitting in my ammo can on a storage charge for 2 months. I had it for more than 30 days so it was out of warranty..........................
3xBAJ0O.jpg

That looks the same as mine. Thanks for posting that , My RMA has now been authorised, I was going to get a replacement but after seeing that I will ask for a refund.

That looks the same as mine. Thanks for posting that , My RMA has now been authorised, I was going to get a replacement but after seeing that I will ask for a refund.
The quality on those seems very hit or miss. I know a few guys who have had them for over a year and they are still kicking, even charging them at 5c.

Yeah I think I have just been unlucky. Hobbyking have issued a credit. So I will buy some others.

don't get venom brand either! Ive had similar issues but with a 5000 mah!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back