T-Bone Again, A Fan No More.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harry62

Reaction score
Western Rural Iowa Iowa by way of Chicago
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Talion
So after a hard hit into my right shin that resulted in a serious bone bruise, I dumped the Spectrum Controler and searched for a after market Bumper for my Kraton 4S. Only place I found one was T-Bone. I’ve had really good luck with them when RPM didn’t come thru. Ordered my new bumper and got ready to put in the new one. First had to remove a very good makeshift that Sean at Hobby Haven in Urbandale, Iowa built for me. It was a very interesting build. Came from a Granite, a Outcast and one other that I can’t remember. Point is while I had to adapt the body it worked, well.
Come to Saturday night we’re out at a State Park for the Weekend with our 24ft Trailer and I sit down to wrench and I realize, A. No instructions included. B. Not a single video from T-Bone or a successful YouTuber with a how to video. Wife has the Granite 4x4 BLX zipping up and down the road with all the kids watching and parents asking where and how much did something that fast cost. While I sit there and stare like I’m gonna go Hulk on this poor thing.
I already have some “issues” with how Arrma built this truck but I do love all 3 Arrmas I have. I’ve hopped up my V3 Talion and can burn up a 6S Battery in 30 minutes. I totaled it twice when my wife first surprised me with it. Got the Granite because when you go in the Store and it’s setting on the counter display and the wife looks at you and says “you should buy that” yeah, card comes right out. Never doubt her wisdom!
So I wrote T-Bone and they’ll get back to me. I was hot when I wrote and I still am. At 58 I get these and wrenching is as much fun as running. What a waste. I got stuff for my Talion and it’s great, something happened. They aren’t on their game it seems. I with buy only AArrma or RPM from now on.
‘Sorry so long. Still love the wife though!!!!!
Harle83.

I've bought a good amount of items from tbone, and the one time I actually had no clue how something went together for my 4x4 outcast, they NEVER replied. I finally figured it out and from that point I was done with their lack of responses, seriously till this day they haven't responded... that was 4 months ago. So I try to be understanding with the world events etc... but not one reply even till now. Never buying any of their products ever again...

Broke the "plate" that goes between the bumper/skid and the hinge pin block on our Kraton TBR front bumper. Messaged them asking if I can buy just that part, of course zero response. For now I cut down a Tmaxx skid plate to fit, but will be looking at some Kydex sheet and YouTube vids on how to form it, to make my own replacement part.

Same here: They are not replying on warranty issues. Even if you check back again per email. Thats a real big disappointment with their warranty claims being lifelong.

I was interested in buying their ramp. But the repeated stories of ZERO customer service stopped me. A YouTuber told me his T -bone ramp has already needed repair/modification. No way I'm spending that much for something that's going to break and get no response from T-Bone. Their terrible customer service is catching up with them.

I have their x-Maxx stuff. Only problem I had was the center skid bolts kept popping out. I fixed the problem and it’s 10x better now. Pm me of you want the instructions
Yes, anything that would help would be great. So far it’s like talking to a wall. Dead quiet, no response at all.

I bought one of those bumpers. Tried for hours to get it installed right on my Granite, could not find instructions or videos anywhere. There was one video on YouTube (not sure if that person was an employee) but it must have been an older model because he was installing parts that I didn't even have on my model. No joke - I got sick of messing around with it and I tossed it in the trash. Will never - EVER - buy from them again.

They always replied to me not trougt email but on their website tchat!! They sended me a new bumper when it got lost in the mail contact them on their website tchat not by email
I bought one of those bumpers. Tried for hours to get it installed right on my Granite, could not find instructions or videos anywhere. There was one video on YouTube (not sure if that person was an employee) but it must have been an older model because he was installing parts that I didn't even have on my model. No joke - I got sick of messing around with it and I tossed it in the trash. Will never - EVER - buy from them again.
Mine came unasemble but i figured out how it should go togueter i have one on my bigrock 4s and i love it how it looks i nose dived plenty of times because my suspension tuning is trash and the car took it but i get why people are not happy with tbone

I have to say I had an epiphany the other night walking with my wife. It literally hit me like a brick was tossed point blank in the face. When we got home I got it all out, pulled the skid plate off and 10 minutes later all assembled.

Except now the front and rear is completely locked up. Won’t even turn with the power off. I wanted this junk heap a lot. So far I’ve had it out twice. Even then 15 minutes top running it. Something broke something else. This is the worse Arrma truggie ive ever owned hands down. My almost 2 year old Granite 4X4 BLX is by far the second best Arrma Truck I’ve had behind my V3Talion. With the goodies and a crazy 6S battery I have to keep an eye on it with a 6S in it or it will toss the tightest wheel nut and a tire will just fly away.

The 4S Kraton I’ve just decided I’m gonna fix it and burn it. Or maybe I’ll put a ramp on the River bank and try to jump across, if it makes it, guess I’ll keep it. If not, I’ve wasted more money on garbage than this. A huge disappointment from start to finish this has been. Said it before say it again, thinking real hard right now about a V2 E-Revo. Traxxas has always been a 7 letter dirty word to me but at least they’re stuff runs well and holds up somewhat better. My prides hurting on this one.

I have to say I had an epiphany the other night walking with my wife. It literally hit me like a brick was tossed point blank in the face. When we got home I got it all out, pulled the skid plate off and 10 minutes later all assembled.

Except now the front and rear is completely locked up. Won’t even turn with the power off. I wanted this junk heap a lot. So far I’ve had it out twice. Even then 15 minutes top running it. Something broke something else. This is the worse Arrma truggie ive ever owned hands down. My almost 2 year old Granite 4X4 BLX is by far the second best Arrma Truck I’ve had behind my V3Talion. With the goodies and a crazy 6S battery I have to keep an eye on it with a 6S in it or it will toss the tightest wheel nut and a tire will just fly away.

The 4S Kraton I’ve just decided I’m gonna fix it and burn it. Or maybe I’ll put a ramp on the River bank and try to jump across, if it makes it, guess I’ll keep it. If not, I’ve wasted more money on garbage than this. A huge disappointment from start to finish this has been. Said it before say it again, thinking real hard right now about a V2 E-Revo. Traxxas has always been a 7 letter dirty word to me but at least they’re stuff runs well and holds up somewhat better. My prides hurting on this one.
Maybe something is too tight?
Pup the servo horn off and try to manually turn the wheels
Check for blockage

Yeah,new screws they sent are actually a little shorter than the original ones and so I tries and still nothing. Then went ahead and checked the Slipper Clutch and I didn't even have the proper tool from Arrma. Tried the other t and nothing. Maybe I just got a bad one? Maybe QC overlooked a couple things? I called my Guy at Hobby Haven today, told him what I've done so far and he was drawing a blank. Now they keep RPM stuff, not a T-Bone vendor. I've had the Arrma experience with T-Bone. so I have to been in Des Moines Today, more Neurological Testing and fun time with a NeuroSurgeon. So going there afterward and once again try to figure something else out I'm really beginning to dislike these clowns a lot. Always something with T-Bone it seems.

Well, upward and onward! To be continued.

I have T-Bone front and rear wheelie bumpers on my Noto and 6s Kraton. I had a shipping issue (Discount code did not apply) and I just called over the phone around 1 PM. Weekday. And I got the credit. The second call was regarding the wheelie bar wheels that would fall apart after a few wheelies. The original wheels were just repurposed RC airplane tail wheels( no bearings). The new ones are hard plastic with BB's. But they crap out just as fast. They upgraded me to these newer versions. Shipped fast. They are a US small mom and pop family business. Their cust. service could be better however. I agree. But I always was successful with them. I also needed a replacement bumper block and hardware that failed once. They obliged. Took awhile to get. They have a hard time keeping up with demand sometimes. So they must be doing something right. But in retrospect I feel they are quite expensive.
BTW, the lifetime warranty claim can be used only one time in the life of the part. They oblige once, then you have to replace the item on your own. They explained that over the phone regarding the second wheelie wheels that failed. But still obliged me with a second set, and did not have to per their policy.
Just my experiences with TBone. Would I buy again. probably not. But the their bumpers overall have saved me much money and carnage. :cool:

You're lucky few :cool:. Face to face always works best. (y)
Their bumpers are bigger than most and some don't like that, but I think it saved my stock chassis numerous times where the chassis should have bent many times over.

I have to say now that everything is setup correctly and working my Kraton 4S is running very well. It’s fast running very well. I think now that it’s doing what it supposed to, I only have one problem. One of my 2 14.8 4S batteries decided to puff up and head south this week. Just have to get a new one. Oh well always something, right? LOLOL. Goof nite all.

tbf I ordered a ramp, was in stock when I ordered it (im in the UK), shipping got delayed to September as they were out of stock (?) - requested refund and got processed quickly so credit to tbone for that - I have on the other hand had queries around fittings etc and lacked a response. Spent 2 hours last weekend trying to figure out how to fit the rear wheelie bar/bumper for my notorious with the spacer block causing the most confusion until eureka! I got it. Vids were no use - have a t2t brace ready to go in.....ill add it to my list of to do's :rolleyes:

Shame though - I like their stuff, have their new rear wing mount for some of my trucks and it looks solid, bumpers........so far so good
tbf I ordered a ramp, was in stock when I ordered it (im in the UK), shipping got delayed to September as they were out of stock (?) - requested refund and got processed quickly so credit to tbone for that - I have on the other hand had queries around fittings etc and lacked a response. Spent 2 hours last weekend trying to figure out how to fit the rear wheelie bar/bumper for my notorious with the spacer block causing the most confusion until eureka! I got it. Vids were no use - have a t2t brace ready to go in.....ill add it to my list of to do's :rolleyes:

Shame though - I like their stuff, have their new rear wing mount for some of my trucks and it looks solid, bumpers........so far so good
eventually they will break and I've heard warranty claims are near impossible to resolve .....ill try RPM then and maybe Hot Racing? thoughts welcome!

So a update, I had my Bumper destroyed by s superbad hit, lucky for me the bumper did what it was exactly supposed to and took the complete blow. It destroyed it no saving, even bend the long Skid Plate screw on a 45 degree angle. The Bumper flew off the Kraton and I found all of it put what was left back together and took my pictures and filed my claim. Next day I paid the 4.95 shipping fee and had it from start to finish in under a week. I really commend T-Bone. They really stand behind there're stuff.. Only one replacement but hopefully I don't make the mistake twice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back