Senton T-bone front bumper, Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmcbryar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So less than an hour at the track and the bumper broke. It is way too stiff. Anyone modify one of these to flex a little more? I was thinking about hammering a price of sheet stock and putting a bow in it so it would flex a little.

Funny thing is the bumper may work better in its current form, we still drove it for another hour and nothing else broke.\

20190127_183841.jpg

So less than an hour at the track and the bumper broke. It is way too stiff. Anyone modify one of these to flex a little more? I was thinking about hammering a price of sheet stock and putting a bow in it so it would flex a little.

Funny thing is the bumper may work better in its current form, we still drove it for another hour and nothing else broke.

They will send you a new one if you contact them. There is a warranty link on their website.

Yeah I did that last night. Wonder of wd-40 on that upper support part would help it flex. (The part that is missing in the pic).

Edit:
Warranty is great and why I bought them. I would like to figure out a solution to the breakage, something beyond driving better. I know my son is rough on the car sometimes. Leaning the new jumps at the track lol.

They will send you a new one if you contact them. There is a warranty link on their website.
Cant you spry wd40 on it to make it more flexible in the future?

Yeah I did that last night. Wonder of wd-40 on that upper support part would help it flex. (The part that is missing in the pic).
I think we posted the same thing at the same time lol

Cant you spry wd40 on it to make it more flexible in the future?

I have never done that and I have read conflicting opinions as to whether it works or if is detrimental to the part. Boiling it in water seems to be an option as well.

You can also see in the pic there is more space for the a-arm pins to move fore aft I don't like that either.

Humm, I would need 2 bumper braces. I don't have a force gauge at work but at home I bet you could hang a weight from it, measure the droop. Then boil one and wd the other and measure the difference in droop. I might do that and if it breaks again do the other test

You can also see in the pic there is more space for the a-arm pins to move fore aft I don't like that either.

Humm, I would need 2 bumper braces. I don't have a force gauge at work but at home I bet you could hang a weight from it, measure the droop. Then boil one and wd the other and measure the difference in droop. I might do that and if it breaks again do the other test

Did you lose the red, metal hinge pin brace too?

There wasn't one, it is molded into the stock bumper.

Edit:
Ok can these fall off? It wasn't there when I pulled off the stock bumper. I see it in the parts list so I am confused now.

Last edited:
There wasn't one, it is molded into the stock bumper.

Edit:
Ok can these fall off? It wasn't there when I pulled off the stock bumper. I see it in the parts list so I am confused now.

Yeah it looks like you lost it. The gap from the t-bone bumper allowed it to fall out of the pins. The bumper doesn’t lay flush. I talked to Tbone about this and sent them pictures of mine. I guess Arrma slightly changed the diff housing on the BLX line which is the cause of this gap.

Attachments

• D4550DAD-024C-41E6-9A5F-2E6145144B57.jpeg
    D4550DAD-024C-41E6-9A5F-2E6145144B57.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 108
Yeah it looks like you lost it. The gap from the t-bone bumper allowed it to fall out of the pins. The bumper doesn’t lay flush. I talked to Tbone about this and sent them pictures of mine. I guess Arrma slightly changed the diff housing on the BLX line which is the cause of this gap.

I just got the warranty replacement on the same part that broke on yours on Saturday and fixed it yesterday.

I don't think it was ever there unless it can fall out with the stock bumper. Hard to miss a bright red piece. It is on my other truck so I was curious when I pulled it apart.

Really odd, I installed 1 bumper, other came with it. Piece is missing on both. But it is on the rear of both trucks.

Attachments

• 20190128_145553.jpg
    20190128_145553.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 102
Really odd, I installed 1 bumper, other came with it. Piece is missing on both. But it is on the rear of both trucks.

Did you replace the stock front bumper immediately with the Tbone ones or did you wait until the factory ones broke? That little lip that you see in all of our photos was designed to prevent that metal piece from falling out. You may want to send Tbone a picture of yours too to show that gap. They may or may not of redesigned that piece. I was told yes, but it seemed to be a very tentative yes. It was like yes,maybe? Lol

After the factory one broke. Just 1 trip to the track for the stock one too lol. Though the stock has a minor failure the t-bone one is a bit more catastrophic.

People lose these braces a lot? Seems I need to pick up 2 of them.

After the factory one broke. Just 1 trip to the track for the stock one too lol. Though the stock has a minor failure the t-bone one is a bit more catastrophic.

People lose these braces a lot? Seems I need to pick up 2 of them.

Well I almost lost my sons on his Granite once. I didn’t even realize it belonged to his when I found. I almost just left at the track at the HobbyShop not realizing what it was. Most definitely get those replaced ASAP.

Well I almost lost my sons on his Granite once. I didn’t even realize it belonged to his when I found. I almost just left at the track at the HobbyShop not realizing what it was. Most definitely get those replaced ASAP.

Guaranteed that when you broke the factory bumper, that’s when you lost your brace. I wonder if you put just a smidgen of rubber cement on there if it would be just enough to keep it in place even if you have a major crash.

Seems crazy it would walk off the pins and become lost, I ordered a few to keep in my box.

As far as the bumper I think it is delrin, a little google-ing and that is what I found. Seems about right based on feel. It is a little slick, strong but flexible. I think WD-40 my be a bad thing for the plastics. That being said I believe you could put it in boiling water and re-shape it. Maybe put a small bend in it to it flexes instead of exploding like it looks like mine did. Delrin is a thermoplastic. Maybe I can figure something out to make the bumper last a bit longer.

I ordered the one specifically designed for the 3S and it still has this gap. I tried spacers and everything on the top to make it lay flush but never could get it right. I emailed their support to hopefully get an answer.

I ordered the one specifically designed for the 3S and it still has this gap. I tried spacers and everything on the top to make it lay flush but never could get it right. I emailed their support to hopefully get an answer.

How long ago did you order it? I ordered mine back in November, back then Tbone listed this bumper for Senton 4x4 Mega, just recently on their website, they have it listed for Senton BLX now. I know someone, I believe on this forum had tried it and had to modify the plastic plate so it curved inward to keep that metal plate in.He had talked to Tbone and he said Tbone was going to come out with a fix for it. I contacted Tbone last week as well concerning this while I did my warranty claim and I didn’t exactly get a confident yes on whether or not they fixed the issue.

How long ago did you order it? I ordered mine back in November, back then Tbone listed this bumper for Senton 4x4 Mega, just recently on their website, they have it listed for Senton BLX now. I know someone, I believe on this forum had tried it and had to modify the plastic plate so it curved inward to keep that metal plate in.He had talked to Tbone and he said Tbone was going to come out with a fix for it. I contacted Tbone last week as well concerning this while I did my warranty claim and I didn’t exactly get a confident yes on whether or not they fixed the issue.
I just ordered it about a week ago because i saw that the BLX was on there now. I sent them pictures with an even larger gap than what you had in this. Hopefully they can correct it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back