T-Bone Material

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Anyone know the trade name for the material T-Bone uses for their bumpers and skid plates? I could use some of at work for a few different things. It’s slick and seems like it could be used as a bearing surface...almost like graphite.

It would be Awesome if T-Bone would start making body shells out of this mystery material whatever it is. Proline only makes 1 Brute body. Someone could make a pretty penny if they would make body shells for other brands besides Traxxas.

I can't say for sure, but it looks like Kydex. It's very strong and easily drilled/cut & formed with heat. Popular material for holsters.
I remember reading a thread someplace that said it is some sort of Kydex.

I’m going to look into stock sizes...hopefully I get get large sheets.
Amazon has it in lots of thickness and size combos, but you might be better off buying it in larger sheets from another internet supplier or local plastics supplier depending how much you need. Years back I was really looking into making my own holster & other accessories and even then it was readily available. It's easy to work with a heat gun or hair dryer.

Delrin is pretty tough stuff that is a "slick" plastic that can be formed to hold a shape with heat. Back in the day, hard savage bashers used to make roll cages out of delrin rods and beat the living snot out of them. It held up really well and would slide easily on concrete/dirt on roof landings to help dissipate the energy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back