Mojave T-Bone Mud guards - verdict

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did it go up on flames if you don't mind me asking?
I mentioned this on another thread. Sparks from the battery ignited the cover. It flashed up quick. I emailed DMC a while back to ask what the material was made out of but never got a reply from them. I'm not talking about melting a hole... I'm talking about most of the cover burned up fast and charred up except for the zipper and Velcro areas It seems no one else had this problem. But really never used them again. I still have 2 covers of the 3. I use it only on my 3S SCT rig once in a while. But 3S doesn't make much of any spark when connecting. They tend to make the motor and esc run a bit hot. But when its colder out its not a problem. Bought them from Jacob at T-Bone.

I mentioned this on another thread. Sparks from the battery ignited the cover. It flashed up quick. I emailed DMC a while back to ask what the material was made out of but never got a reply from them. I'm not talking about melting a hole... I'm talking about most of the cover burned up fast and charred up except for the zipper and Velcro areas It seems no one else had this problem. But really never used them again. I still have 2 covers of the 3. I use it only on my 3S SCT rig once in a while. But 3S doesn't make much of any spark when connecting. They tend to make the motor and esc run a bit hot. But when its colder out its not a problem. Bought them from Jacob at T-Bone.

There should nt be any spark in first place.
Check your connections, leads and use good heat-shrinks.

Sparks is unwellcomed phenomenal.
Its a result of poor isolation.

Sparks (which is electricity moving throw the air..!) Hold very high voltage..
Much more than 22v..
This spark is approx. 2000deg Cel...

Once u illiminate that- don't see any reason not to use the DM covers...
If u live in a high ambient temp- just make shure u use high quality fans (like NTF) to compensate for the heat desapation looses, which caused by the net.

**sorry for spelling mistakes..

Last edited:
If u live in a hight ambient temp- just make shure u use high quality fans (like NTF) to compensate for the heat desapation looses, which caused by the net.

NTF fans are nice but I can hang a 20" industrial grade high velocity fan in my shop for less money.

NTF fans are nice but I can hang a 20" industrial grade high velocity fan in my shop for less money.

U r forgetting that he makes one by one..
These are high end product.. not like those 22$ powerhobby fans..
Thats why the price is higher. U do get a better product.
From my point of view- its quit a fair price.. ?

Found this size chart taken from the T-Bone racing page from their dusty motor pick your own size listing if that helps.
View attachment 71118
I also used this chart. I got mine from Tbone also. No one else had them here in the States 2 years ago. I find that too loose fitting gets sloppy. And too tight lengthwise interferes with the steering linkage. You still have to check the cover and temps and remove debris when bashing. But it keeps heavy stuff off the chassis. Cleanup is less but still needed. And hopefully you don't have to clean up a charred mess if it burns up. :eek:
BTW, the zipper is useless. At least when dealing with the batteries as its intended for. You have to detach the Velcro to change out lipos and connect etc. The included Velcro was old and dried out. Had to buy a fresh roll of it. Your rig needs a decent amount of chassis side guard to attach the velcro the whole length of the chassis. I feel these covers are overpriced for what they are.

Last edited:
I just received the xxxl dusty Motors cover or my Mojave and it is not clear how to install it infants with little strips of black nylon and no instructions. I watch the video but it didn't give me any info. Is this the right cover for the Mojave? If so can someone please tell me how the heck to install this thing?

Attachments

• 20200710_163416.jpg
    20200710_163416.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200710_163421.jpg
    20200710_163421.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 50
Velcro strips install along the side chassis guards. Use alcohol or similar on the guards before placing the velcro on it or the velcro will just peel off sooner than later. I got extra velcro from my Home Depot that was strionger also. Cover completely front to rear each side of the guards Then velcro the cover to the strips along the guards. Bungee tie at at front and rear. Be mindful at the front and rear of the chassis that none of the excess cover touches or binds the ST linkage and rear arms and drive shafts. It should not not touch any moving parts. Its pretty much straight forward. Watch your temps in the hotter days. Temps will rise a bit especially when debris and dust collect on the cover. I've had several of these DMC covers on several rigs including my Notorious and 6S Kraton. One went on fire and completely disintegrated like in a flash. I believe the nylon they use is combustible with a battery sparking near it. And in general I find them to be a nuisance IMHO. Hope that helps. It may work for you. It's probably more important to have under a Mojave or SC closed body that collects all the wheel/tire debris versus an open wheel body/chassis. Good luck. :cool:
Welcome to AF.(y)

Last edited:
Velcro strips install along the side chassis guards. Use alcohol or similar on the guards before placing the velcro on it or the velcro will just peel off sooner than later. I got extra velcro from my Home Depot that was strionger also. Cover completely front to rear each side of the guards Then velcro the cover to the strips along the guards. Bungee tie at at front and rear. Be mindful at the front and rear of the chassis that none of the excess cover touches or binds the ST linkage and rear arms and drive shafts. It should not not touch any moving parts. Its pretty much straight forward. Watch your temps in the hotter days. Temps will rise a bit especially when debris and dust collect on the cover. I've had several of these DMC covers on several rigs including my Notorious and 6S Kraton. One went on fire and completely disintegrated like in a flash. I believe the nylon they use is combustible with a battery sparking near it. And in general I find them to be a nuisance IMHO. Hope that helps. It may work for you. It's probably more important to have under a Mojave or SC closed body that collects all the wheel/tire debris versus an open wheel body/chassis. Good luck. :cool:
Welcome to AF.(y)

Thank you so much for the reply. I will give it a try. Do you think it completely necessary to even use the cover if I clean the car after every use? And then I heard about mudguards as an option is well. Do you think I should possibly return the "Dusty Motors" cover and buy be mudguards? I would hate for my car to catch on fire. If so, can you send me a link?

Look....I had a fire. I beat it with a stick ,searched all over and there is no other complaint of fire. Just a fore warning that it did happen to me. DMC did not reply to 2 of my inquiries via email directly. I merely asked them what the material was that they use because I did have The DMC burn up. I never asked for a replacement. I gave up on DMC at that point. It left a mess of my rig. I just asked what material it was to pass along here on AF.
Regarding the Mojave mudguards, they work , but just will not keep the chassis completely dirt free as some have complained. Lets face it, bashing in dirt will get the rigs dirty , that's all. I feel Mudgards by T-Bone are decent and well designed enough, but I don't have them or a Mojave to comment further. Do a search here regarding them. It was discussed in a few threads. Keeping heavy debris and rocks away from the drivetrain is the main objective. Smaller dirt will always get into things. Good luck. Put a screen on your ESC fan and motor fan if also installed.

Thank you so much for the reply. I will give it a try. Do you think it completely necessary to even use the cover if I clean the car after every use? And then I heard about mudguards as an option is well. Do you think I should possibly return the "Dusty Motors" cover and buy be mudguards? I would hate for my car to catch on fire. If so, can you send me a link?
https://tboneracing.net/collections/arrma/products/10132-tbr-front-chassis-mud-guards-arrma-mojave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back