This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send a pic with the model number for the complete bumper. They'll figure it out.
I'm going see if I can upgrade it to the newer model I want the one that bolts on to the front of the diff case, not the top.

-edit- Nope :(
My bumper broke, can I get it replaced with a different style?

No, bumper styles cannot be exchanged under warranty.

-edit2- I just noticed I'm 30 points away from 10% on T-Bone Racing.

Last edited:
Is the new bumper brace a redesign of the same bumper you have?
The Outcast and Notorious have this style of mount for the front bumper.
Outcast_V2_Basher3_1800x1800.jpg

This is the style the Kraton has, I want this style. So maybe I'll just buy the Kraton bumper.
Kraton_2018_Thrasher2_1800x1800.jpg

-edit- shoot that won't fit with the Hot Racing front suspension mount :(

I've had a lot of problems with the design that uses the hinge pin brace block, it rips the front gearbox, even with longer screws, I'd rather they just made it thicker and only screw in at the chassis plate underneath. The design for the rear bumpers and the Typhon ones are great.

I've had a lot of problems with the design that uses the hinge pin brace block, it rips the front gearbox, even with longer screws, I'd rather they just made it thicker and only screw in at the chassis plate underneath. The design for the rear bumpers and the Typhon ones are great.
My idea is to find some long screws kind of like what my D8T uses for hinge pins and go all the way through then put a nut on the other side, the only way they can come out then is if the gearbox breaks.

Hey slick2500 I broke that part on the bumper for the Outcast. it is part T043. I don't know if it is a one time replacement. My new piece did not come with a part #... Bicketybam ask that question and did not get an answer a couple pages back. Problem with the Kraton bumper on the outcast or Notorious is it doesn't stick out far enough. I have that one too on my Kraton and cant believe it hasn't broke yet. I'm using some heavy washers on the block to give it some more support so maybe that is helping.

Last edited:
Thanks T-bone for joining us. I'm a big fan of your products and page on Instagram.

I love lights. I like my car glowing at night. So my only suggestion is to sale light kit for your products.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190409-084628.png
    Screenshot_20190409-084628.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20190329_005407_991.jpg
    IMG_20190329_005407_991.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 45
My idea is to find some long screws kind of like what my D8T uses for hinge pins and go all the way through then put a nut on the other side, the only way they can come out then is if the gearbox breaks.
Ok well I wondered how far you could go with the screws, but I did try 30mm ones, I'll have to give that a try. Don't you find they snap off? I had so many break or strip out the gearbox, plus my block was drilled poorly so it never lined up right. Thanks for the great idea though.

Ok well I wondered how far you could go with the screws, but I did try 30mm ones, I'll have to give that a try. Don't you find they snap off? I had so many break or strip out the gearbox, plus my block was drilled poorly so it never lined up right. Thanks for the great idea though.
I have never snapped off a screw in the bulkhead. I've had a boat load pull out though.

I hope this applies to Canada too. Hard pill to swallow to pay as much for shipping than the original part.
Definitely applies to Canada too!

hey jeff u guy's out there need to work on r and d for sure and your customer service.
We are aware and are making strides to do so, thank you for your input!

Why does it cost $18 to ship to Japan? Amain ships for $2.

(Actually this is more for Redcat Blackout XTE and DHK Zombie bumpers that Amain doesn't stock.)
Like was previously mentioned we are working on getting better international shipping prices! bear with us!

Hi Jeff, thank you for joining the community here.

I have been unhappy with t-bone's customer service. I have a talion bumper that I am pretty sure does not work on my car. The part that covers the hinge pins is upside down for lack of a better word. Since discovering this issue I have tried emailing your company through your website, and contacting you guys through facebook. Each time I have been ignored or my message is read and then ignored.

With all that said, I have two questions for you.

1. What should I do in this situation when I cannot talk to anyone about getting a refund? (I am past the point of trying to get a replacement)

2. Do you guys have any plans on improving your customer service side of things?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service so far. We are going through alot of interesting challenges within in the company and appreciate the patience! Please use the FB messenger and Ask for Jeff so I can handle your situation promptly.

We are in the process of revamping our entire company infrastructure which of course means customer service.
We really are trying to get ahead of these issues and provide you guys with the best possible experience.

Best Regards,
-Jeff

Yeah this^
I broke the brace for my front bumper on my Outcast, I don't really need a new bumper just the brace. Or is there a way I can "upgrade" to the newer design?
View attachment 34943

Btw I run your bumpers on 4 of my cars, the outcast is the only one that doesn't ahve a rear bumper though.

I do have a few nitpicks. Include better hardware with your bumpers 10.9 grade screws just do not cut it we need 12.9.
My front bumper and rear skid for my Tacon Soar came with stainless steel Phillips head screws, my LC Racing EMB-T front bumper came with black oxide hex screws They are 98% the same car(chassis, center drive shaft, body, wing, wheels and tires are the only differences) but come with different types of screws why?

A couple things here:

1. We do offer more than once replacement part per customer. And we do warranty individual parts like your brace! You can find our warranty page on our website simply follow the guidelines as best you can and we will get you a new part asap!

2. I believe that the stainless steel 2.5 screws are there because we had many issues with the 2.5 ALLENS stripping out.

3. We have been advised by multiple authorities that going back down to a 10.9 grade would be the best thing for our "Hinge pin retainer block M3x30's," (We made the change to a 12.9 last year and have had many more snaps and breaks than before)
Therefore we will be going back to 10.9s on those specific screws and keeping the 12.9's on others.

Hope these help.

best regards,
Jeff

Yeah the MPN is gone.

If you include a picture of the broken part our customer service reps should be able to identify it without the #.
We only ask for it on the form cause it speeds things along.

-Jeff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back