This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's ridiculous made to order. Come on plastic bumpers from a company that's been around as long as they are. They should have stock out the waszo. Not building custom choppers you know!

I'll tell you the same thing I tell a lot of people who criticize business operations- if you can do better do it. If not....

Plastic bumpers sure- for an extremely small volume limited market toy.

How many do you really think they are selling, and how often...and once someone buys one they probably won't need a 2nd one.

Meaning when a new product is released they may get an initial surge, then it tapers off, intermittent, and is anyone's guess when the last person to ever want one is.

Managing inventory VS money, time and waste is difficult.

Also factor in not knowing when Arrma is going to change a design.

Does not surprise me whatsoever that ALL these small guys have supply delays. T-bone, Voltage, M2c... you name it.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell a lot of people who criticize business operations- if you can do better do it. If not....

Plastic bumpers sure- for an extremely small volume limited market toy.

How many do you really think they are selling, and how often...and once someone buys one they probably won't need a 2nd one.

Meaning when a new product is released they may get an initial surge, then it tapers off, intermittent, and is anyone's guess when the last person to ever want one is.

Managing inventory VS money, time and waste is difficult.

Also factor in not knowing when Arrma is going to change a design.

Does not surprise me whatsoever that ALL these small guys have supply delays. T-bone, Voltage, M2c... you name it.
Ok, I see you points here, but you don't have to be so cocky about it!

That's not cocky- that is black and white facts. Something today's society is greatly lacking due to snowflakes and a pandering government.

If anything, your post was inflammatory, emotional, and baseless. In other words- way worse than my post giving counterpoint.

Again- if you can do it better than them, any of them- go for it.

That's not cocky- that is black and white facts. Something today's society is greatly lacking due to snowflakes and a pandering government.

If anything, your post was inflammatory, emotional, and baseless. In other words- way worse than my post giving counterpoint.

Again- if you can do it better than them, any of them- go for it.
Dose anyone know if they charge duty on products delivered to ontario?

So you're telling me:

In all seriousness, I know and understand that their products are made to order and I appreciate that. If they have a design flaw, they can fix it for all new orders instead of having to scrap their inventory of 100 parts. I already knew from previous research a couple of years ago that their products were made to order. The issue I have a problem with is their lack of communication and lack of responses to emails that I hear from people.

That said, I gave them a try and placed my order for my 7 bumpers this morning. I used Paypal so that if anything goes wrong or if it takes more than a month get them I can dispute the charges with Paypal. What's funny is that when I placed the order it said something along the lines of requires 5 business days to fabricate items before shipping. The email that I got from Jacob said a week and a half. I get that they can't update their standard purchase message daily, but I would think that they could update it when they know that they are backed up.

Well I finally got around to fitting my TBR wheelie bar to my Kraton today and have been running the V4 bumper for many months and it has been awesome. I don’t like wheelie bars in general to be honest (this is not a shot at TBR I have them in other vehicles as well). But that said I expect the bar to hold up as well as the bumper.

I ordered mine last year from the US and I thought delivery was reasonable. My only criticism is that the Kraton body gets hooked up on the screws which is very annoying. Apart from that, awesome stuff.

Keep doing what you are doing @T-Bone Racing, accept any criticism here as constructive as I believe you guys have a bright future????

While I'm waiting for my @T-Bone Racing bumper to be replaced, I decide to make a front skid for my Noto, using the broken piece. This stuff is hard to cut! Started with a cutting wheel on my Dremel, and it seemed futile. Switched to a hack saw, and still felt like I was making no progress. Sped the Dremel up a bit, but had to go easy so I wouldn't melt anything. Sanded down the front to help avoid catching. Don't have a good countersink bit, so had to make the hole with a regular one, and didn't go deep enough cause I was worried that I might go right through. Once installed, I ground the front of the screw heads so that they wouldn't catch either,
20190429_074635[1].jpg

While I'm waiting for my @T-Bone Racing bumper to be replaced, I decide to make a front skid for my Noto, using the broken piece. This stuff is hard to cut! Started with a cutting wheel on my Dremel, and it seemed futile. Switched to a hack saw, and still felt like I was making no progress. Sped the Dremel up a bit, but had to go easy so I wouldn't melt anything. Sanded down the front to help avoid catching. Don't have a good countersink bit, so had to make the hole with a regular one, and didn't go deep enough cause I was worried that I might go right through. Once installed, I ground the front of the screw heads so that they wouldn't catch either, View attachment 36847
Doesn't the replacement bumper had a skid component to it?

Well I finally got around to fitting my TBR wheelie bar to my Kraton today and have been running the V4 bumper for many months and it has been awesome. I don’t like wheelie bars in general to be honest (this is not a shot at TBR I have them in other vehicles as well). But that said I expect the bar to hold up as well as the bumper.

I ordered mine last year from the US and I thought delivery was reasonable. My only criticism is that the Kraton body gets hooked up on the screws which is very annoying. Apart from that, awesome stuff.

Keep doing what you are doing @T-Bone Racing, accept any criticism here as constructive as I believe you guys have a bright future????
I have the wheelie bar on my Kraton. At first I did not like how low it was. It would drag on jump lips and landed on it even on a decent rear wheel landing. I drilled two new holes in it and pulled it up higher behind the wing mount. It gives great wing protection and is out of the way. I’ve been running it since November this way and was very hard on it this passed winter. So far so good. Just ordered the outcast one and will most likely do the same thing.

AA9E4292-C5D0-46C3-9BED-1A82B0F44B3F.jpeg
C1ECE97C-BB1C-44C8-A563-A0EAF37431C3.jpeg

Doesn't the replacement bumper had a skid component to it?
It's all one piece. Where mine broke, left just enough to make a skid plate. The two screw holes towards the front of these bumpers, go into the hinge pin block supplied by TBR, so two new holes had to be made to use it as a skid plate. You can see how far forward the holes are in the second pic. That monster bolt was added because I stripped one of the holes in the bottom of the hinge pin block. The break happened forward of the holes, so I know the bolt had nothing to do with it. How hard are you laughing right now?

20190429_074635[1].jpg
20190428_181619[1].jpg

T
I have the wheelie bar on my Kraton. At first I did not like how low it was. It would drag on jump lips and landed on it even on a decent rear wheel landing. I drilled two new holes in it and pulled it up higher behind the wing mount. It gives great wing protection and is out of the way. I’ve been running it since November this way and was very hard on it this passed winter. So far so good. Just ordered the outcast one and will most likely do the same thing.

View attachment 36848View attachment 36849
Thanks for that, I will keep this in mind....cheers

Just received an email from Jacob at TBR, and it looks like things should be returning to normal shortly. @T-Bone Racing (Jeff) mentioned that there were going to be delays in his message on April 9. Sounds like everything is almost squared up, so business as usual on the horizon.

Hey Jeff @T-Bone Racing! Great to see you guys here.

Gotta say Jacob has been great to work with. I had to make a warranty claim recently and he had my part at my door in 5 days which I appreciated.

I’m very impressed in the quality, design and material selection of your products but I would like to suggest you switch from M3 screws to M5 on the Kraton XV4 front hinge pin block (top and bottom screws). They will fit and help stop the screws from being ripped out from a bad hit.

Hey Jeff @T-Bone Racing! Great to see you guys here.

Gotta say Jacob has been great to work with. I had to make a warranty claim recently and he had my part at my door in 5 days which I appreciated.

I’m very impressed in the quality, design and material selection of your products but I would like to suggest you switch from M3 screws to M5 on the Kraton XV4 front hinge pin block (top and bottom screws). They will fit and help stop the screws from being ripped out from a bad hit.
That larger screw idea is a great one. My block, that's being replace at the moment, had one come out from the bottom and top. I had to drive a larger screw in, which was okay on top, but it was larger than the bottom hole and stuck out below the skid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back