Mojave T-Bone Racing Fenders Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tbone is a small mom and pop business. Family run. They started out with some decent bumpers that were as good as the rest out there. Now they added stuff that really has no good use or are a mixed bag. Sometime screws and hardware are missing, Just get the hardware on your own. You will wait for parts that never arrive. The ramps don't get reviewed too well at their price point. Installation instructions are not all that if any for some items Cant say all their stuff doesn't have an advantage over other brands. Just they can be more expensive than the other options. Of all the times I tried contacting them. I got through one time. Spent much with them in the past.

Tbone is a small mom and pop business. Family run. They started out with some decent bumpers that were as good as the rest out there. Now they added stuff that really has no good use or are a mixed bag. Sometime screws and hardware are missing, Just get the hardware on your own. You will wait for parts that never arrive. The ramps don't get reviewed too well at their price point. Installation instructions are not all that if any for some items Cant say all their stuff doesn't have an advantage over other brands. Just they can be more expensive than the other options. Of all the times I tried contacting them. I got through one time. Spent much with them in the past.
Sounds like Mom & Pop need to hire a customer service person...... losing customers does NOT = good business

^^^True. 👍
The one time I was able to get through to them by Phone, he said he had limited hours and available like 11am to 3pm. They never responded to any prior emails. Was about missing screws. And I wasn't even sure what was missing. There weren't any instructions to indicate how my bumper was even assembled. He was very friendly and explained the business and all. He had no clue about RC at all. Or its assy. Young guy. Just had to look at his inventory to figure things out and what to mail me. He said his father is really the RC guy and does the Mfr. No one else to help me there. I waited for the parts/screws and nuts forever and just got some from somewhere else and figured out the installation on my own. A month later I got some hardware from Tbone that wouldn't have worked anyway. 🤷‍♂️ This was several years ago. I don't know what is up there. I stay away now.

Last edited:
Sounds like they also need to hire more help, everything is always out of stock, I have like 10 things on the email me when available list, some for over a year now that haven't been restocked. 🤷‍♂️

You're probably better off using your wife / girlfriend's thong as a dust / chassis protector than the tbone mud guards.
I wish I knew all of this before I purchased the mud flaps.
Sounds like they also need to hire more help, everything is always out of stock, I have like 10 things on the email me when available list, some for over a year now that haven't been restocked. 🤷‍♂️
Still waiting for them to contact me on fender fit. It’s been a week so I’m assuming their not calling back.

I wish I knew all of this before I purchased the mud flaps.

Still waiting for them to contact me on fender fit. It’s been a week so I’m assuming their not calling back.
Don't hold your breath. But if you do want to phone persistently enough, call 11am to 3pm. Best time for Tbone. Not sure what their time zone is however. If you emailed once already. Just try calling. I know I called dozens of times in the course of about 2 weeks before I got them to pick up the phone. I think they got too big too fast and Cust serv. was never their strong point to begin with.
Hope that helps.

Don't hold your breath. But if you do want to phone persistently enough, call 11am to 3pm. Best time for Tbone. Not sure what their time zone is however. If you emailed once already. Just try calling. I know I called dozens of times in the course of about 2 weeks before I got them to pick up the phone. I think they got too big too fast and Cust serv. was never their strong point to begin with.
Hope that helps.
Pacific Standard Time, they are in Idaho iirc.

Hope that helps.
SrC what are your thoughts on shock covers?

If you notice, the Mojave never came with rubber shock boots. What was Arrma thinking? I have no clue.
I installed them, first thing. Among the first parts I ordered. Just use standard rubber shock boots found on the other 6s rigs. I think it is important enough. Keeps the shock oil clean and the shock rods from getting pitted and blasted and the shock seals from wearing out.

However, when I Purchased those crappy Dusty Motors chassis covers several years ago, at the time DM also included a roll of neoprene shock covers as a bonus. I just tossed them to the side. Some while later when rebuilding my Kraton, I had a few torn Stock rubber boots at the rear shocks. I had no rear arm mud guards at the time. So they got destroyed. They always wear out anyway. Thin rubber etc.
So I got out the roll of the DM shock covers and installed them on my kraton all around, keeping the stcok rubber covers in place. I felt the covers were additional cheap insurance. Dust and water still will gets past the neoprene covers and at the shock rods. So they are not 100% the answer IMHO. The covers are a complete PITA to install. No doubt. Very time consuming to cut to proper length and tuck neatly under the lower shock retainers and under the top preload adjuster nuts. The covers bunch up and twist. The neoprene rips and tears anyway. Just what it is.
I don't recommend getting them. Like I said they were an included bonus with the DM chassis covers. Never paid for them. I never really considered them otherwise over all the years seeing them. Covers like these are not a new thing in RC. Save your money and just get the stock Arrma shock boots. 👍
I think The stock rubber boots are the best option for sure. Some may think these neoprene cover are cool looking. Too each his own. Just my spin. They don't look all that to me.
Once I rebuild my Kraton shocks again, these neoprene covers will be coming off for good... and a new set of stock rubber ones will go back on.
If you have a Mojave, it is a must have option to install them. I don't like exposed Shocks rods. All the other 6s rigs have them.🤷‍♂️
I guess Arrma chinced out with them to save 3 nickels.🤷‍♂️
At least with my V1 RTR Mojave they did.

20210220_203706.jpg

20210220_203639.jpg

20210220_211349.jpg

Last edited:
If you notice, the Mojave never came with rubber shock boots. What was Arrma thinking? I have no clue.
I installed them, first thing. Among the first parts I ordered. Just use standard rubber shock boots found on the other 6s rigs. I think it is important enough. Keeps the shock oil clean and the shock rods from getting pitted and blasted and the shock seals from wearing out.

However, when I Purchased those crappy Dusty Motors chassis covers several years ago, at the time DM also included a roll of neoprene shock covers as a bonus. I just tossed them to the side. Some while later when rebuilding my Kraton, I had a few torn Stock rubber boots at the rear shocks. I had no rear arm mud guards at the time. So they got destroyed. They always wear out anyway. Thin rubber etc.
So I got out the roll of the DM shock covers and installed them on my kraton all around, keeping the stcok rubber covers in place. I felt the covers were additional cheap insurance. Dust and water still will gets past the neoprene covers and at the shock rods. So they are not 100% the answer IMHO. The covers are a complete PITA to install. No doubt. Very time consuming to cut to proper length and tuck neatly under the lower shock retainers and under the top preload adjuster nuts. The covers bunch up and twist. The neoprene rips and tears anyway. Just what it is.
I don't recommend getting them. Like I said they were an included bonus with the DM chassis covers. Never paid for them. I never really considered them otherwise over all the years seeing them. Covers like these are not a new thing in RC. Save your money and just get the stock Arrma shock boots. 👍
I think The stock rubber boots are the best option for sure. Some may think these neoprene cover are cool looking. Too each his own. Just my spin. They don't look all that to me.
Once I rebuild my Kraton shocks again, these neoprene covers will be coming off for good... and a new set of stock rubber ones will go back on.
If you have a Mojave, it is a must have option to install them. I don't like exposed Shocks rods. All the other 6s rigs have them.🤷‍♂️

View attachment 127770

View attachment 127771
Thank you sir appreciate the tip and learning from your experience👍👍

View attachment 127770

View attachment 127771
Thank you sir.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back