Granite Tactic Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waspmoose

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Rc Addiction
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
I’ve got the Tactic tsx40 or whatever it’s called in a Granite 4x4 brushless. Seems like this servo is underpowered? Or just junk servo? Idk i’ve gone through three of these all warranties which is good. Idk am I using the wrong servo for this truck?
On another note I have a hobby wing esc and motor in there the Ezrun max10 and every time i approach a ramp or an incline the damn thing shuts off. I turn it back on and it’s like nothing happened, any ideas? I’ve updated all the software for the esc through my computer. Just seeing if anyone else had the same issues before i try and deal with hobbywing

I’ve got the Tactic tsx40 or whatever it’s called in a Granite 4x4 brushless. Seems like this servo is underpowered? Or just junk servo? Idk i’ve gone through three of these all warranties which is good. Idk am I using the wrong servo for this truck?
On another note I have a hobby wing esc and motor in there the Ezrun max10 and every time i approach a ramp or an incline the damn thing shuts off. I turn it back on and it’s like nothing happened, any ideas? I’ve updated all the software for the esc through my computer. Just seeing if anyone else had the same issues before i try and deal with hobbywing
Which version of the granite are you running?

What gearing are you running?
stock spur gear, pinion I think is a 26t I don't remember without taking it apart Also have the upgraded hd input gear on both sides, i’m thinking the shutting off issue is electrical? Idk i’m stumped.

stock spur gear, pinion I think is a 26t I don't remember without taking it apart Also have the upgraded hd input gear on both sides, i’m thinking the shutting off issue is electrical? Idk i’m stumped.
Maybe it is cogging and then shutting down. I had that issue with the Max10 SCT which is a better esc than the Max10. I believe the Max10 is only 60 amp. That's the only thing I can think of.

That's because it isn't really any better than the stock servo, not really an upgrade more of a sidegrade.

Maybe it is cogging and then shutting down. I had that issue with the Max10 SCT which is a better esc than the Max10. I believe the Max10 is only 60 amp. That's the only thing I can think of.
Yeah way way overgeared for a Max10.

Probably over geared for a Max10 SCT too, lol.
Yup I saw a guy on Facebook who had the Max10 SCT combo and was having stuttering issues, dude was running 87t spur and 26t pinion...........

OK, would that be whats causing it to shut down on a ramp? I can run it full out on speed runs with no issues, its just when the truck starts up a ramp.
Being the truck up to you and put your foot in front of it. Slowly give it throttle so it is pushing against your foot. What happens?

what servo would you recommend that’s not tactic?

Being the truck up to you and put your foot in front of it. Slowly give it throttle so it is pushing against your foot. What happens?

What am i looking for?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back